Academy

Getting used to academy life again was strange for both of them.

Having to live in separate dorms and keep a certain distance around others, lest they give away that the real ones from this particular timeline had messed up severely.

It wasn't easy.

Especially when it came to watching others and their interactions.

She had always suspected that The Enchantress had her eyes on Loki, then again, half the time it seemed like she had her eyes on anyone to get what she wanted, but Loki in particular.

The cold bickering back and forth always seemed like more, at least from her end of things.

She remembered well how Loki used to roll his eyes and dish out any kind of insult that would often go over the other woman's head, or at least attempt to with her inflated ego, but to see her cooing and trying to act seductive around her future husband still made her heart squeeze in jealousy.

Though he never admitted it, she fully suspected that they were something at one point, even if it was just enemies with benefits and the thought of those two rolling in bed together made her blood both freeze and boil.

On the other side of the spectrum, Loki was no better off.

From the first time he set eyes on Strange, he had been watching him like a hawk.

He'd never admitted to his wife, but he'd always had a niggling suspicion that her and Strange had a thing going on at the school.

It wasn't a topic that had ever come up in their marriage, they were both happy and there was no need to bring up old bridges that they'd burned, but it was something he had always wanted to know for certain and this was his chance to find out without being pushily intrusive.

But he needed to know for sure, his certainty that Strange had lusted for his wife just couldn't be ignored.

However, in an unsurprising turn of events, both were finding it the most difficult to adjust to a different kind of stress when it came to their child.

"I miss the kicking," she sighed, staring down at her stomach.

Classes had ended and they found a hidden area within the academy, with there being plenty of those around they knew that they wouldn't be found too easily, especially in an area as quiet as this one appeared to be at this time in the evening.

The light was gradually fading and a bite to the breeze was starting to kick in, but neither moved from the bench that they had taken up.

Loki nodded slowly in agreement, his hand resting on her knee whereas usually it would be feeling over the bump to try and see if he could guess where the next kick would be.

"Not bad for someone who complains all the time," he laughed, though it was half-hearted.

"I know, but despite the aches, pains, hormones and cravings, it's nice knowing that they're there," she leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder, "a little thing that we created."

"If you would describe it as little," Loki smiled, kissing the top of your head.

"As little as a half-Jotun baby can be, I suppose," she snickered.

"You carry the bump well," he nuzzled his nose into your hair, a smirk you couldn't see growing on his lips, "I definitely want more."

"You'll be carrying them."

"If it means getting my own way, I will."

He felt her tense against him before she shook her head vigorously, the heat coming through his jacket.

"Oh no, I do not need to see that."

"You don't wish to be on the other end of the stick?"

"No," she laughed, "it's lovely that you'd go that far, but I think I'd end up being distracted that my husband makes a hotter woman than me and that's just grounds for divorce."

"I think you would make a handsome father."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, Loki, but I am never getting you pregnant," she sat up and shifted to look at him, "I think we should get back and have the first one before we even consider having another."

"Or, and hear me out on this," he smirked as he slid along the bench, pulling her closer by her thighs so that she was straddling his hips, "we could make an early start."

She rolled her eyes but smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck as she peered down at him.

"From what I recall, I don't think just-about-to-graduate me would like that too much, at this point I'm fairly certain I still disliked you."

Loki's hands slowly slid around her, holding her in place by her rear as he smirked up at her.

"You're just saying no because you don't want Strange to be heartbroken that you're mine."

There was another eyeroll and she gave his hair a light tug.

"You're never going to let the Strange thing go, are you?"

"Not until I get my answers."

"I'll give you your damn answers."

She shook her head then leaned down, pressing a kiss to his lips gently, which gradually grew more passionate and hungry as their days of considerably less affection than they were used to caught up with them.