Academy

The tension in the room upon Loki's return was palpable.

After his dinner date with Amora, he had immediately gone straight from dropping Amora off at her dorm to visiting the woman he had wanted to spend his time with, though she understandably didn't want to particularly spend time with him that evening.

It had taken him a while to talk her into letting him at least come inside and settle things between them, it wasn't as if he had even wanted to go anywhere with Amora in the first place and he'd only had to in order to keep up appearances.

"Look, I know you don't particularly like the situation but will you at least speak to me?"

She looked up from the folder she had been reading through, attempting to catch up on the schoolwork she would need for upcoming lessons.

"Loki, I'm not ignoring you."

"You sure seem like it, as if I wanted to go out with that girl."

"No one said you did."

"Then stop giving me the cold shoulder like I did."

"I'm not."

Loki rolled his eyes and folded his arms.

"Really? Because you've been silent and looking like the world will end tomorrow since I returned."

"That doesn't mean it's about you."

"Given the events, what else could it be?"

She sighed and closed her eyes, slapping the work folder shut and turned to him.

"It's not you, okay? I understand that we have to keep to our roles here lest we mess something up and no I don't like the thought of you having to flirt or date another woman but that isn't what's getting to me."

She frowned and took a deep breath, Loki simply stared and waited for her to continue.

"It just had me thinking, what happens if you get bored of me? Of us?"

Loki's eyebrows rose so high that they got lost in his hairline.

"Excuse me?"

"I know, it's stupid," she sighed, leaning back in her seat while running a hand over her face, "but seeing you with Amora made my mind go crazy and now I can't stop thinking about it."

He sighed and walked over to the bed, sitting on top of it as close to her occupied chair as he could.

"That's just silly."

"I'm aware, but I can't help it, you know?"

"You should help it, this current Loki may not be the one that current you will end up marrying, but I love you and all evening I've wanted to do nothing but get back to you," he frowned, reaching over to grasp her hand, "I want nothing more than to be back home with you and our child."

"I know, I honestly fully acknowledge that but it just..." She trailed off and shook her head, "sounds stupid."

"It's not, you're going through a rough patch right now, much rougher than me," he smiled, pulling her hand closer so that he could kiss the back of her fingers, "the hormones spikes were bad enough, but losing them to gain teenage ones? I can imagine it's thrown you off kilter."

"A little," she admitted quietly, smiling faintly at him.

"But fret not, I promise I won't do anything with Amora or any other female I come across, you are mine and I am yours alone."

He gave a tug on her arm and she took it as a sign to stand up, which she did.

Placing his hands on her hips, Loki led her to straddle his lap and smiled up at her.

"You know, you are one of the most beautiful women I have ever met."

Her cheeks flushed and she couldn't stop the goofy grin that forced its way onto her lips.

"Oh really? Even though you spent your youth surrounded by far superior looking girls?"

He hummed and leaned up, his eyes flickering briefly to her lips.

"I wouldn't lie to you about such a thing."

She bit her lip, a move that Loki had always found enticing, and glanced away as if she were suddenly shy.

"We shouldn't, Loki."

"I know," he smirked, "but I'm going to, just a little."

Delving his fingers into her hair, he pulled her down and locked their lips in a wanting, needing kiss.