A Cross Necklace

AN- Grab your tissues guys.

ENJOY

 Bonnie Hopps walked into the kitchen on a nice Sunday morning to see Stu already sitting at the table with Nick, enjoying a mug of coffee," Good morning, boys," the bunny said as she pulled out a skillet.

"Mornin' Bon," Stu said with a smile.

"Yes, Good morning, Mrs. Hopps," the fox said with his usual smile.

"How did you sleep, Nick?" Bonnie asked.

Nick shrugged," I slept alright. Carrots was hogging the blanket."

The two older rabbits had found out about the two sharing a bed, but thought nothing of it. They had trusted the two to not do anything unallowed. They obviously still did not know of the events two weeks ago.

"Well, you keep the AC at 65 every night," Stu chuckled.

"I prefer it to be a little chilly as I sleep," Nick added," I have a thicker coat of fur than you bunnies do."

"Oh, trust me, Bunnies can get some longs fur," Bonnie said with a chuckle," When I first met Stu, he had a mullet."

Nick looked to the bunny, as if imagining him with an 80s look and started laughing," I NEED to see a picture."

"Perhaps later," Bonnie giggled,"" So, who's up for eggs?"

Stu and Nick nodded their heads," Indeed."

"Ok, Stu can you get Judy, and Nick, fetch your mother."

The two males nodded and got up from the table. Bonnie had a smile on her face, until she heard Nick from the other side of the house yell," MOM!"

Bonnie dropped the pan and ran to the other room where she had to shove Stu aside and saw Daisy laying on the floor. Nick had tried to shake her body awake, but the vixen did not open her eyes," Call an ambulance," Bonnie said," Nick, move over, let me see."

Nick was in a panic state as he moved to the side for Bonnie to check his mother. The old bunny put two fingers near her neck and said," She is alive, but her pulse is weak. We need the ambulance here NOW!"

"I have them on the phone!" Stu called.

Judy then came into the room and had a shocked expression," Oh my god."

"Judy, I need you and Nick and wait outside for the ambulance."

Nick was reluctant to leave, but knew that Bonnie needed the room to have space in order for the ambulance to come in, who were just coming up the road from the sound of the siren.

Nick walked outside and leaned on the bed of Judy's truck. He was shaking badly and on the verge of tear," Not yet," Nick begged to the God he had given up on many months ago," Don't take her yet."

###

The ambulance had taken Daisy to the ER, followed by Stu's truck which held him, Judy, and Bonnie. Nick, going in the ambulance to be with his mother. However, upon entering the hospital, Nick was ripped away from his mother and was brought into the ICU. The fox sat down beside Judy in the waiting room, praying that God would save his mother. However, even Nick knew that that was a lot to ask for. Especially after seeing she had lived 9 months when the doctor had given her 6.

All of Nicks best memories has something to do with that vixen and Nick did not want his last memory of her to be him finding her body on the floor. So, instead of Nick praying for God to let his mother live a life where she would have to deal with pain and fear, he asked for something more precious.