For a moment

Later on the beach. 

"I'm sorry. There's no sign of her. She's vanished" said King Triton. "We'll keep trying." Melody try to craw to the ocean. "Sweetie no" Ariel told her and picked her up. "Oh, we've got to keep Melody away from her" she continued. "Until Morgana is found, Melody can't go in the sea." She took a breathe. "And neither would I." "But Ariel..." responded Flounder. "I'm sorry, Flounder" she told him. "But if Morgana is anything like Ursula, she'll never give up. This is the only way. Melody can't know about Merpeople or Atlantica or even you daddy" she hand back the locket to him. 

"Very well Ariel, you're right" he responded sadly. Ariel was sad about this too but she wanted to keep her daughter safe. Ariel hugged Erik. "Sebastian, you will watch over her" said King Triton. "Me? Aww!" freaked out Sebastian. 

Ariel held Melody in her arms and her and Erik walked back up the stairs to their castle. Then King Triton drop the locket in the sea. 

There was a wall that bought around the palace

12 years later

"Melody?" Ariel called. "Melody? Oh Carlotta, have you seen Melody?" "Not since this morning, Your majesty" she responded. Ariel went into the kitchen. "Louis, Melody's not in here, is she?" she asked. "No, your highness, but her birthday cake is" he responded. "Twelve petite candles. C'est magnifique!" Ariel walked out and left him to the cake. 

Melody POV

I decided to go swimming with the dolphin.  I got out of the water and went on the rock when I saw Scuttle and Sebastian. "Hey, Scuttle. Hey Sebastian. What's kicking?" I asked. "Uh, hat's kickin'? Hmmm. Let me see" responded Scuttle. "Don't rush me."   "Ha! You know perfectly well what's kicking" responded Sebastian. "Now, come along. You gonna be latte for the..." I jumped back into the water. The water splash on Sebastian. I giggled.  "Sorry, Sebastian" I responded. 

I swam back to the rock but stay in the water. "Melody, Child, how many times do I have to tell you?" started Sebastian. We both said "It is expressly forbidding for you to be swimming beyond the safety of the sea wall." Then I continued. "Any such swimming is a recklass disregard of the rules, don't you know." "Stop that" he responded. I giggled. "Oh Sebastian, I can't help it" I told him. "I just love the sea!" and I jump back in. "Hey! Come back here" he yelled. 

Sebastian POV

"Hey! Come back here" I called out. "You're just like your mother."  

Melody POV

I continued to collect things I see in the sea when I notice something shiny. I went down and picked it up. This is weird. I went back on the rock. 

"Melody, please If your mother ever found out you'd been swimming out here..." Sebastian said. "I know, I know. She'd flip" I responded. I jumped back into the water. I swim on my back. "Hey Sebastian, what's my mom got against the ocean anyway?" I asked. I looked at the sun setting. "I mean, how could there be anything wrong with something so wonderful?" I giggled and went back to Sebastian. "You know what? Sometimes I even pretend I have fins" I whispered. He fell down. I wish I could tell my mom how I feel but she'd never understand. I can talk to crabs but not to her. 

"Wait a minute it just hit me" realized Scuttle. "How bout you tell Ariel how you really feel." "Oh, yes, by all means. Just waltz right in and tell her you been out here swimming in the ocean" freaked out Sebastian. "We could all have a big party." Then we remembered. "The party" we gasp. "Say, that reminds me something" responded Scuttle. Me and Sebastian swam to the sea wall. We got through. I ran back to a window and I climbed in. I got back in my room and looked out my window.