analog

"Hey. Happy birthday, lil mama." I said, watching his face light up and smile on my phone screen. I smiled back, resting my head on my arm.

"Thanks, lil daddy - yo, I'm tired as fuck." He mumbled in reply, making me laugh when he dramatically rubbed his eyes with his free hand, gaze switching between looking at me and whatever he was doing on his computer.

"It is after midnight old man, I was expecting you be sleep by now."

"Ha ha fucking ha, Blue. I was finishing up some designs and shit. Wondering if I was gonna get my birthday call, too. Didn't wanna miss it." His brows raised a little, amusement all over his face as he looked back at me with his head in his hands.

For as long as we've been friends, I was always been the first one to call and tell him happy birthday besides his mom. The thought of him staying up waiting was actually really cute to me, but I was still a little mad so instead of cooing at him like I normally would I rolled my eyes instead.

"I mean, you pissed me off but... you stuck with me, nigga."

We just kinda sat there after that, staring at each other on FaceTime knowing we were both thinking about all the other shit that needed to be said and trying to figure out how to say it. Tyler broke the silence first, holding his chin as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, I been acting sus lately and now life really sucks 'cause I miss you all over again." Awwwww.

I was always so envious of how he could be like 'fuck it' and say the first thing on his mind. No matter how exposed it made him feel afterwards.

"I miss you too, T... me being weird and secretive didn't help either so, I'm sorry too." He nodded quickly, knowing that admitting it out loud took a lot out of my prideful ass. Then I nodded until we both cracked a smile and it turned into laughter.

"Whew, fucking great! Now that's over, you coming to the lake with us later right?" The light from his computer dimmed as he turned it off. He got up from his desk and walked over, flopping into his bed and yawning loudly.

"..and that's what you wanna do for your birthday?"

"Yup. Some simple shit. Wanna be outside today. And I wanna catch Golden Hour. Listen to some Stevie." Even though he was tired his mind was still moving a mile a minute.

I didn't mind going to the lake but I usually never swam, so I knew I would probably have to bring something to keep myself occupied.

"Alright, I'm down. Your lil girlfriend gonna be there?" I tried to tone down the pettiness in my voice but I knew he caught it, smirking over at me with a crease in between his brows.

"What?? Noooo... you ain't shit, haha. Jealous ass. You jealous? You could get this work, too." His tone was low, even more than usual, making me pull my neck back some and smirk a little.

"Nah uh. You want me to be jealous?" It didn't take him long to answer at all.

"Maybe." He shrugged cutely, cuddling his pillow and closing his eyes.

I blinked a few times waiting on a 'just fuckin' with you' that never came. Well.

"I - good night, Tyler." I replied flatly even though I knew the smile on my face would tell on me. He was barely paying attention anyway, already starting to fall asleep.

"Mmhm. Goodnight, lil mama. I'mma text you when I'm on my way."

________________________________________________