awkward

Taking Meo's suggestion, I ditched the office because I wasn't doing shit productive anyway.

He told me he would call if anything came up.

I did some retail therapy up and down Rodeo Drive, spending most of my afternoon deep in my head trying to figure some shit out while deeply denting my pockets. It helped a little bit... but by the time I hit the highway, I was fed up and annoyed with myself from almost overthinking myself into a vegetative state.

I decided to stop by Tyler's on my way home to try and talk to him so I texted him, already headed in his direction.

Blue

Aye lil mama, where you at?

Tiko

Jasper's bitch ass flaked on Chick Fil A... smh

Blue

I'm like 20 mins away from your house

I could meet you...?

Tiko

Nigga yesssssss

The one by UCLA

I'm omw

The sun was just about gone when I got there. It was empty aside from him, which was unusual for this time of day, especially being close to a college campus. He was already sitting in one of the booths with his favorite green hoodie on and his phone in both hands, busy...

The sound of the door chime made his head turn and we met eyes, both smiling.

I walked over and playfully tugged on the brim of his green hat before taking my seat across from him and cuddling up in my cardigan.

"Hey, how was the drive?" Tyler asked, fixing his hat under his hoodie before sitting back and stretching his long limbs out.

"Safe. Unlike yours, I was closer to here than you and somehow you beat me."

I imagined his ass speeding down the hills like a maniac and all I could do was roll my eyes.

"You be driving your shit like a grandma, that's why." He said, genuinely laughing afterwards like he told the funniest joke. Him having the nerve made me scoff.

"My driving is perfectly fine. I'm just tryna make sure we don't have to unwrap your ass from around a tree soon... you're too cute to have to scrape off the road." I said, shrugging and looking at my nail beds.

I felt him staring, but I ignored it.

"Hmph. You really care about a nigga, huh?" He honestly looked a bit surprised, but in a good way. Meanwhile, I was looking at him like duhhh.

"I'm confused, am I not supposed to...?"

"Nah, I like it when you nag me, it's cute as fuck. Anyways, when you tryna learn how to really drive a stick?" Tyler smirked, his eye contact lingering a little longer than normal, making me blush and laugh nervously...

"You're disgusting, you know that? And I'm not nagging."

"Yes you are."

"Whatever, I'm just expressing genuine concerns for a friend's safety."