wdb, pt. ii

There was a short, beige love seat conveniently placed against a wall of Tyler's favorite pictures that I claimed as my spot while he focused on his computer on the opposite side of the room, working.

I perched my head in my hand, watching.

It was interesting to watch him make music, seeing his passion and talent overrule the battle he normally had with things keeping his interest... The fact that he had different trains of thought was actually a superpower when it came to producing. Tyler never got stuck on one thing, when he made it as far as he could on one project he was already on to the next, perfecting that instead...

His hands were busy clicking through drum kits and tinkering with both of the electric keyboards stacked on top of each other. I knew he was thinking, rubbing the side of his head and using his hands to mimic the patterns of different instruments to find the right rhythm. At his request, the unfinished track started playing and he bobbed his head to it, humming melodies stuck in his brain before he decided to record it. He seemed to be satisfied for now, sitting back as it looped until he turned his head to look at me, squinting, hat weirdly placed on his head.

"You having fun staring? Cause if not, we could go do something else..."

"I am... I like watching you work." I meant that genuinely and I think he could feel it too, blushing and dramatically pulling his shirt over his head.

"What the fuck? You're so tight. Most girls just fucking complain."

I pointed at him once he reappeared, smirking.

"Lucky for you, I'm not most girls."

We both stared at each other, smiles easing across our faces before I motioned for him to come over.

"C'mere."

He stood up and stretched his long limbs, hitting the space bar to stop the track before crossing the room. I grabbed his hands and pulled him down to sit next to me, catching him off guard.

Faking an innocent expression, I just shrugged and batted my eyelashes.

"You were too far away."

Tyler laughed, reaching to pull my legs in his lap. I wiggled my toes in my socks, content.

"You're a fucking dork."

"So are you. Plus, I think you need a mind break." I looked over, searching his eyes for any sign that he was gonna challenge me on that and didn't find any.

I smiled in victory.

His eyes rolled but he accepted defeat anyway, relaxing next to me while rubbing my calves with one hand, using the other to stuff his phone underneath the velvet cushion of the couch.

Two weeks had gone by since our first date (???) at Chick-Fil-A and we'd been spending a lot more time alone together. And it was nice and not too awkward now that everything was out in the open between us.

I tilted my head as I looked over at him, admiring his eyes and long eyelashes as he stared at me. Even with the room lighting, his eyes were the prettiest shade of copper...

My attention darted down curiously to his lips, half listening while he spoke. They looked... soft, making me lick my own before I realized I was missing something potentially important with the look on his face.

"Huh?" I'm sure I looked like a deer in headlights.

"I was asking you about the beat but fuck that."

I didn't get a chance to redeem myself.

I got something else I wanted instead... he gave me that same expression I was starting to look forward to when I was around him... like I was the only one on Earth in his eyes, as he reached up to hold my chin.

I tilted my head up expectantly. He smirked and took his time anyway despite my obvious anxiousness, taking in the moment. Tyler traced my lips and my eyes closed, waiting. There was a moment of hesitation, only a few seconds that took forever to pass...

Then, he finally kissed me.

I sighed gently into his mouth right before he pulled back a little, burying his hand into the hair on the back of my neck and rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

My body was moving with a mind of its own. I kissed him again, enjoying the softness of his lips while adjusting so I was straddling his lap, placing his hands on my ass over my jeans.

I could get used to this...

Kissing him felt natural. Comfortable. Easy. And that was great.

There was no hurry between us. Time was moving slow like in those 90's romance movies as they got more intense. My nails raked across the short hairs on the nape of his neck and he groaned into my mouth, which ignited something in me... I smirked, putting my full weight in his lap and holding his face as I bit down on his bottom lip to tease. Shit, he muttered, before growling and smacking my ass hard, pinning me down underneath him playfully and kissing on my neck. It felt good but also tickled, making me laugh and squirm while I halfheartedly tried to wrestle him off me, our legs dangling off the edge.

Tyler held my wrists, looking down at my red face and smirking.

"Are hickies in the trial version?" He leaned in, biting a particular area near my pulse and I couldn't help but moan, sliding my thighs up his hips.

I felt hands sneaking up the front of my shirt before we both turned in the direction of the sound of someone coming to the second floor.

"Bro, why you not answering the phone?? Vil had to let me in - what the fuck goin' on in here?!" Rocky yelled from the stairs, looking at us through the railing with his mouth wide open.

Tyler threw his head back exasperatedly, cursing under his breath and rolling off me onto the green carpet with his arms behind his head. Then he stood up, squinting at Rocky with his hands on his hips. I coughed to hide my laugh.

"Nigga, wow. You got the worst fucking timing... ever."

Rocky bounded the rest of the way up with a big smile on his face.

"Yooooo, my nigga T! This what we on now?!" Tyler clapped him up anyway once he put his hand out, despite being obviously annoyed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. We were just hanging out."

"...on top of each other, tho?" Rocky joked, shrugging out of his jacket and tossing it across the back of the love seat.

Good point.

I nodded to myself at that logic and both of their eyes snapped over to me still sitting on the couch, watching them bicker as usual.

"What? It was a fair observation." I shrugged.

Tyler made a face like not helping, before pointing at Rocky.

"Yeah yeah, just keep your big ass mouth shut Rakim."

Rocky raised his hands in surrender, laughing as he got comfortable next to me on the couch.

"I gotchu. Listen, how I see it is that ain't my business to be sharin', brozay... but let a nigga know somethin'. Are y'all an item nshit?"

I smirked, avoiding looking in T's direction altogether. I knew he was looking at me, waiting on me to say something like I was waiting on him...

"I'm working on it." He said simply, smiling before going to sit back in front of his computer.

Rocky seemed satisfied with that answer, boldly adding that I could call him if Tyler fucked up and I busted out laughing.

What a hoe.

Tyler threw a dirty sock at him before turning halfway around to introduce the idea he had been working on, eyes sparkling.

"Anyway, y'all listen to this. I'mma go crazy on this, it's like a horror movie intro and then the beat just gets fucking nasty and explodes like it nutted all over everything... I kept saying who dat boy in my verse so maybe that's the title...."