25 - Something Bothering You.

•Chapter 25•

It's been a week since I was discharged from the hospital. I was staying there for ten days and during those ten days, Jack was always there with me. He only go home to change, and then go back to the hospital again. I told him I was fine and ask him to go back to his life, but instead He conduct his business from here. If not From BB office then he will bring his laptop to the hospital.

Milly and Abigail start to tease us more, but he didn't care, if I'm not wrong he looked pleased with the way my bestfriends treat him. After I was released from the hospital, Jack asked me to stay with Milly, he didn't trust me to stay home alone. Fear Tessa will come after me.

Today is Thursday, I just go back from the hotel and was sitting on the couch while Milly is cooking dinner. Abigail is nowhere to be found. I checked my phone, today my phone was unusually quiet. Jack hasn't text or called me yet. Strange, because he always calls at least three times a day, yeah I know it's like daily meal.

"Stop checking your phone and give me a hand here." Milly call out.

"I wasn't checking my phone, I was playing a game on it." I lied.

"Oh yeah, what game? And since when do you interest in video games?" Milly said in mocking tone.

Damn, she knows me too well.

Sighing in defeat I got up from the couch and help her prepare dinner. It's odd, though, she cooked a lot of food for both of us. Even if Abigail decided to show up, it's still too much left over.

"Are we having a party?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Because we can't finish all these foods." I said, gesturing to the food that already cooked. There is pizza, pasta, garlic bread, casseroles, bacon pie.

"Just bring the foods to the table." She ordered.

"Alright mom."

We both work in silence for a few minutes until she decided to break it with question that I don't have the answer.

"So, did he asked you out already?"

"Did who asked who out?"

"Oh come on Kate, don't play dumb. I know you than you know yourself. You likes Jackson and I can tell, he likes you too—"

"What nonsense." I cried out immediately which made Milly give me a knowing smirks. Uh oh. Did I really that easy to read?

But before I could say more, the doorbell rang interrupting us. I leave my work on placing the food on the dining table to open the door. Must be Abigail.

"Where have you been all d—" I stopped short when I see it wasn't Abigail, but Jack. He smiles widely upon seeing me. I give him a sheepish smile. Damn that was a little embarrassing.

"Were you waiting for someone else?" He asked in amusement.

I snort unladylike and stepped back in allowing him to enter, he chuckles. Following me in.

"Nope. I just didn't expecting you on that door." I said, matter of factly.

"Yeah, but you did checking your phone every five minutes." Milly holler from the kitchen. How the hell did she heard that?

Jack raised his eye brow and step closer to me, made me took a step back but unfortunately my back hit the wall and I was trapped between the wall and his body.

"Is that true?" He asked, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lip. I ducked my head, glaring at the floor while my face began to heat up.

"N-no... Sh-she's lying." I stuttered and mentally face palmed myself. Act normal, idiot. Now he will be suspicious.