39- Surprise Date.

Chapter 39.

___________________________

"Hey don't run." My Dad jog slowly trying to catch me as I  laugh while running faster.

"Slow down honey!!" I heard my mother scream from where she's spreading a blanket on the ground under the only big tree where we will have a picnic.

"Catch me Dad, you are so slow, old man.!" I turn to poke my tongue out at him. Mocking his slow pace.

"Oh you didn't just say that, pumpkin. I will catch you now."

This time my Dad run faster. I shrieked and run faster myself only to scream loudly when my feet tripped on a stone I didn't see was on my way.

"Cathy!" My Dad shout.

Because the ground isn't even, when I fell, my small body started to rolling down toward the lake, but my father was fast to catch me before I roll further down.

I cry when I see blood on my knee and toe. My Dad carried me toward where my mother was waiting with worried face.

"Oh sweetheart,  don't cry honey, let's clean it up."

After my wounds was cleaned and covered with aid band, We enjoy our lunch with my parents telling funny stories to cheer me up.

"Let's mark this place for when we goes to another picnic in the future." My father suddenly said.

"How Daddy? I love this place, I want to come again." I said.

"Well, I will use this fruit knife to engrave something on this tree, so next time you can see it and remember, just in case you don't come with me  baby." He explained. I nod eagerly. "What do you want me to wrote, Cathy?"

"I love you Daddy"

***

Jack's pov:

I watched as Kate lost in thought when she saw the words engraved on the one and only big tree in this area.  She was caressing it with her hand.

"Kate?"

She blinked a few times before tearing her gaze from the tree to look at me. Her eyes were watery and it's clenching my heart to see her sad. I don't like seeing her sad. Without say anything I pull her to me and hug her tightly.

"You okay, baby?"

She pull away and looked at my face closely.

Uh, did I say something wrong?

My heart began to beat frantically just by holding her this close, and she let me.

"I am sorry, if I do something wrong, I didn't mea-..."

She cut me out by crashing her soft lips to mine made me freeze. But eventually I kiss her back as soon as my shocked self registered for what happening. My hands moving to her waist as hers roaming my shoulders and found its place around my neck. I deepening the kiss, biting softly on her lower lips until she open her mouth.