29 - Fate pt.1

•Chapter 29•

I wake up the next morning with a slight headache. Morning sun was already peeking through the closed curtains and fall on my face made me close my eyes at the contact and covering my eyes from the disturbing sunlight.

I look around me. I was sleeping on a comfortable soft bed with comforter draped over me to keep me warm.  I groan at the annoying headache.

What happened?

I shifted on the bed into sitting position and lean my back onto the headrest. I remember, I was in New York staying with Jack. Invited to the family dinner that turn out isn't a family dinner at all, but private party with a bunch of stuck up brats. My heart start to beat faster when I remember I also meet my long lost father or you may say 'long run away sperm donor'.

The event of last night replaying again in my head. And the last time I remember, I was at some kind of park. I didn't remember going back to Jack's place. I peeked under the comforter to find that I wasn't wearing my last night dress. It was rather over sized shirt and over sized sweatpants. I gasped.

Please don't tell me I do something I will regret.

The door to my room opened and Jack waltz in holding a tray full of mouth watering foods and a glass of 'OJ' a.k.a orange juice. His hairs is still wet from the shower and he's wearing sweatpants paired with fitting dark blue shirt. He looks so hot.

Do I just noticed it?.

"Good morning, how's you?" He asked with his million dollars smile.

He put down the tray in front of me. There's also two white pills on it. Gesturing me to eat.

"I made a breakfast in bed for you, eat it while it still hot." He said.

"Thanks." I said. My voice is hoarse, not sure is it because I just woke up or from Last night crying.

I grab the glass of OJ and take a sip. I lift my gaze to see Jack is watching me. He awkwardly clear his throat when he meet my eyes. Diverting his gaze somewhere else, he fish out his phone and make himself busy with it while I ate my breakfast.

"So.." I decided to break the silence between us. "How did I get back here last night?" Although I could feel my face heating up with my stupid question, but I need to know. Jack eyeing me for a few moments before answering.

"I brought you here. You have fever last night and you dropped your water on yourself when I try to ask you taking the medicine. I had to ask Martha to help you change."

Martha? Who is this woman? My brain screamed the question. But luckily my mouth decided not to follow its order, or else I don't know how to hide myself from the embarrassment. But I didn't need to voice out my thought because Jack explained further.

"She's my house keeper, come only for cleaning."

"You doesn't have to explain everything to me, you know." I said, shrugged it off.

"I know, but I wanted to." He said. "I'm sorry about what happened at the party, I didn't—"

With a little boldness in me, I placed my hand on his, giving it a gentle squeeze effectively cutting him off. Jack turn his gaze to me.

"It's not your fault, stop apologizing. Although I don't know whether I should hate him or not after all this year. He is aging, he wasn't the same healthy and macho man I know seventeen years ago. I don't know what I should do, and it's like he has done anything good to me either. I'm angry at him, yes, but I also miss him. I'm so damn confused."  I heaved a frustrated sighs. Grabbing my messy hairs and suddenly feel the urge to pull it out.