31 - Date

Chapter 31.

Jack's pov:

Whistling some happy tunes that I know, I search for something nice to wear.

Gosh, I feel like a teenage boy in love. I don't remember feeling this way whenever I took Maya on a date. Hell, I don't even remember whether I ever asked her on a date or not because mostly she dragged me anywhere she wanted to go. And I can't believe I have been wasting enough of time with her.

Today's weather is quite hot, so I wear simple dark blue jeans with denim jacket over my white button down shirt that I leave the top two buttons undone.

I think that will do, where we are going is nothing fancy, though I want somewhere fancy but maybe on our second date, if we survive this one

I think that will do, where we are going is nothing fancy, though I want somewhere fancy but maybe on our second date, if we survive this one. That's all.

Please let it be smooth. I'm nervous as fùck.

While I was busy getting ready, my phone ringing on the dresser table, Nick's and my pic when we were partying with the group flashed on the screen.

What did he want, now?

Before I change my mind to reject it, my finger already slide the accept button. I can hear his low sigh in the other line.

"Jack,"

"What do you want, Nick?"

"I know you still mad at me, but dude, I just wanted to know, is Kate okay? I really have no idea that she's Maya's step sister. She's staying with you, right?"

Involuntarily I clenched and unclenched my fist. I can heard a worried and curious tone in his voice which is fueling my irritation toward him.

He's the one who Hurt her by cheating behind her back with her step sister. Even if he didn't know by then, he shouldn't cheat in the first place. Once a player always a player.

I raked my fingers through my hair and let it fall back on my forehead almost covering my eyes.

"Yes she's with me, unlike someone I know, I will definitely take care of her. You don't have to worry, and I don't do it because of you, I do it because I really care about her. And I suggest you to get the fuck away from her, man. You have done enough to hurt her. "

I hung up the call and threw my phone on the bed.

Pissed.

I start to pacing around my room, trying to calm my temper down.

Fuck, way to ruin my mood, Nick. I don't know why I so worked up, but the thought of Nick hurting Kate is pissed me off. Lucky him for not standing in front of me right now, or I may can't hold back to punch the shit out of him.

I am still trying to calm down when my phone blaring again on the bed.

Fùck! Why can't he get the message that his call isn't welcome.