30 - Fate pt.2

•Chapter 30•

Jack stroking my back while keeping me in his embrace. I was happy and still can't believe we actually goes way back from Elementary School.

"I know, I was shocked too when I learned who you are." He said in my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I couldn't find you when I get back to school that time. Why you left?" I fire him all the questions I wanted to ask years ago.

"I'm sorry I didn't had a chance to say goodbye. I didn't know that we were moving. When you left with your mother, I saw you dropped your necklace. The next day I'm looking for you to return it and to say goodbye to you. But you didn't show up at school. So I keep your necklace with me all this year, hoping one day I may have a chance to return it." Jack said.

"It's okay. I'm happy I get back my necklace but I am more than happy to have you back in my life." I said, smiling at him gratefully. "This is my fifth birthday present from my parents. The last one they get me, because on my sixth birthday Dad was out for work and he forgot. Mom was sick, so we didn't celebrate. And my seventh birthday, Dad already left us. So this is the last reminder to me that once I have both parents by my side." I sighs.

"Do you hate your father for leaving you?" Jack asked carefully.

I shook my head. "I don't know. I'm angry at him. I don't know whether I hate him or not. Growing up, I get used to live without him. Mom never remarried either, it's just the two of us since my Dad left. Who knows that he was happy somewhere else." I scoffed. Feeling my anger burning inside me.

"I once hate my father too, he's the reason my mom died. Mom and dad was on their second year of college when they met. My grandma said, they hit it right then and there. They started dating and seeing each other more often until one day mom found out she was pregnant. Dad was from middle classed family, he has one younger brother. While mom was an only daughter, her family although not too famous in business world but they're more rich than my dad's family."

"My mom parents got disappointed with her and they forbid her to be together although they didn't ask her to abort her baby. Her parents said my dad wasn't good for her and one day she will regret it. That's why they asked her to break it up. But my mother run away from home and eloped with Dad in Los Angeles and settled down there. Mom believe that Dad loves her. But she was wrong and her parents was right. Only three months after they got married and mom was carrying a five months baby bump, Dad started seeking other woman. He treats her bad, she has to do all the work for him. Even with the way he treat her, mom still stick by his side. Money was getting tight the older her pregnancy get."

"Few months later she give birth to me. Most woman need some rest after, but unfortunately that's not for my mom. Sadly my dad's father agreed to that. Only few hours after I was born, Dad brought us home to save money, he said. The doctor didn't allow him to, but he get away eventually. At home, she didn't rest. Dad start ordering her to do her work. It's only last two days, Dad found her bleeding on the kitchen floor. Rushed her to the hospital, but it was too late. Mom gone before they reach the hospital."

"Mom's parents was shocked to know she's gone, and they wanted to take a custody of me. But Dad didn't allow that, he promised to take a good care of me.  The last day I was with you when I was eight years old, he told me we are moving back to New York where my grandparents live. But the main reason he moved there was because he wanted to marry his ex highschool sweetheart who happens to have a son of her own, Charlie."

"He's sorry, though. He apologized, but I was too angry to see his sincerity that time. And when I have the courage to start accepting him, I was too late. He died along with my step mom, in a car crash just an hour before we supposed to meet." Jack said. His head hung low. Although I couldn't see his face, I know he regret his old behavior towards his father.