26- Confused.

•Chapter 26•

I was sitting on a stool in front of the dressing table in this luxurious guestroom. Applying make-up. Though I'm not good doing it, but I still manage to look presentable.

I was nervous. How am I not, I don't know anyone in this city. In fact this is the first time I ever stepped foot in New York. Aside from Jack, Nick and Joe who will be at the restaurant, I didn't know anybody. I feel anxious.

I feel a pang of disappointment in my chest when I remember last night at the park. I don't know what is wrong with my luck, whenever we are alone, there's always someone disturbed us. Last night when Jack said he likes someone, my heart crumble as if my experience with Nick wasn't enough. This time it feels hurt more than when I found out Nick proposing to another girl.

When my friends told me Nick was cheating behind my back, It's still hard for me to believe their information although I knew my friends would never lied to me. When I see with my own eyes that Nick was proposing to someone else, I feel sad, hurt, betrayed. But all those feeling was light enough for me to only waste few tears and soon enough all forgotten, and accepting it was easier than I thought.

But when Jack said he likes a girl, it broke my heart although he's not mine to begin with. But still, the disappointment, the hurt, the sleepless night and changing in mood was clear as day.  I only able to sleep for one hour before Milly woke me up at exactly 6.00 am sharp in the morning to get ready. Our flight was at 8:30 and we'd be ready at the airport an hour earlier. During the flight Jack attempted to talk to me but I just give him short answers or shake or nod my head. I can tell, he is curious at my sudden change of mood. I know I will, if I was in his place.

I keep remind myself to hold back whatever feeling I have that time. Because one, we are not dating for real and two, Jack have a right to find someone who is in his level. Although a little part of me dying to know who he was talking about.

Curiosity kills the cat.

I didn't know the name of the girl he likes, because as I say before, somebody interrupted us before he can say more, and at that moment was my phone blaring with Milly's name flashing on the screen.

When we back to Milly's apartment and I was alone in my room last night all I want to do was scream on the top of my lungs, but I can't. I don't want they to know my problem. Maybe today I will get to the bottom of this, that also if I have the courage to face him.

We were landed in New York airport at 2:15 PM. A car was waiting for us and take us to one of his luxury penthouse in Manhattan city. His place is screamed money all over the place with every bit of furnitures and decorations that I know I couldn't afford. Although I mentally gaping at his penthouse, but I tried to keep my face expression at bay.

"Nice place, very glamour." I said while following him into the house.

"Thanks, you can take a rest if you want. Guess room is upstairs third door to the left." He informed. I nod curtly and hurry up to the room as he said. "Oh, we will be leaving at 7 Pm."

Great. I'm not looking forward to this dinner. All I want to do is curl up in my room with a big bowl of ice cream and some horror movies. I like horror, but not the ghost kind of horror. More like disaster, San Andreas or Final Destination that kind of horror.

Being in a dinner with a bunch of strangers is a big NO NO. But I promised Jack to accompany him, so I just need to get over it. Hopefully nobody there will embarrassing me because I wasn't one of them. You know, social level and all.

A knock on the door snapped me out from my train of thoughts. Jack's head popped in, offering me his charming smile that can melt anybody's heart.