The Stages of Life

Newborn. Everyone loved such a precouis little girl. No one in the world could compete with what this mother and father just brought into the world. So priceless, cherished forever.

2 years old. Her hairs been grown out into a long thick blonde beauty. She had beautiful blue eyes. She loved singing and dancing. Well, she tried dancing anyways, but would always lose her balance twirling. She wanted to be a princess. She loved watching disney princesses. And her stuffed animals would always cuddle with her to sleep.

4 years old and she's the smartest kid in preschool. She's in dance, and can memorize a routine. She even has a little sister now. But she is still getting center of attention with her cute sassiness.

6 years old now. She's gotten more beautiful. People in kindergarten like her too. She's getting better and better at dance. She has a friend who's a boy, little does she know they are friends forever. She's teaching her 1 year old sister how to twirl like a ballerina.

8 years old. She's only got a few friends. 2nd grade, she was the smartest in her class. She has glasses, the first one in the whole 2nd grade to get them. People call her 'nerd' and '4 eyes'. Why? She used to be the best, now she's getting humiliated every day. She talks to her friend, he's always there for her.

10 years old. That boy is her only friend now. She's in Volleyball, Soccer, Dance, and the Choir. She has singing lessons now. She's really good. She made new friends from other schools competeing in compeitions for the school choir. But everyone still makes fun of her. Tell her she's fat, ugly, stupid, dumb, even though she's a straight A's girl. Who knew 4th grade could be so tough? She's got so many trophies for her dancing compeititions. They always win 1st place. But those girls don't really like her either...

11 years old now. She started cutting. She gets made fun of everyday now. Her sister always looks up to her. She's 6 now. Her parents pay all attention to her. And the new one coming, they say it's a boy. She where's sleeves every day. How can a 5th grader be doing this? She cries herself every night. Everyday at school just keeps getting harder and harder. Why doesn't anyone like her? What has she ever done wrong? One of the popular girls tripped her today at lunch and got pizza in her hair. Her friend runs towards her and offers his hand. They spend a lot of time together now. They're all each others got. She has contacts now, and wears makeup. Her parents don't like that. "You're in 5th grade." they always say. "But you don't understand..." she always answers. It turns to summer. She hasn't cut in a month. She always did faint cuts anyways, so no scars. She always went swimming at her friends house. That's where he tells her he likes her. All she does is kiss him on the cheek. They spend the whole summer together.

For her 12th brithday that year, all she invited over was her friend from school who could be a little more than that, and friend from dance. All 3 of them become best friends together. They decided to go bowling. There was that popular girl from school. She's going into the 7th grade. 7th grade! She's only going into 6th... She goes up to her and makes fun of her.

12, when school starts, things have gotten worse. But her and her two friends still stick together like they have always promised. Her friend saw her cuts. He's getting worried. "It's the cat at my grandmas. Besides, I'm in 6th grade. Why would I do that?"

14. She's attempted suicide, but was caught by her friend. He walked into her room when she tried popping some pills. He told her parents. They didn't talk for a few weeks, but she forgave him. She still cries every night. She quit Volleyball. She couldn't wear the uniforms without her cuts showing. She's very matured at singing now. And her dancing is beyond amazing. She invested in piano. She always wears black. She has what used to be beauiful hair, now her bangs cover her face all the time. She doesn't let anyone talk to her besides the two friends. They get made fun of too now.

15 now. Her dance friend couldn't take the bullying anymore, and didn't want to be her friend anymore. This was terrible for her. Her sister is now 10. Her brother is 4. All the attention goes to them both. Her sister is in all the sports at school and her brother is in primary wrestling. She's not in much anymore. She quit the choir. Doesn't take piano lessons anymore. But she still does sing. Her friend asked her out, but all she does is kiss him and never says yes, afraid she'll hurt him.

16. Forever. She commited suicide. After a group of the popular people told her to, she did. Didn't leave a note to anyone. But that day she did tell her friend she loved him. He loved her back. But now she's no longer here. Her sister now has depression. Her brother doesn't understand untill they put her casket into the ground. Her whole family is devestated. Her room hasn't been touched. Her sister sneaks into her room every night and sits at the foot of the bed. Whispering to her. "I love you. We all do."

16 forever.