UN-RAVEL 18....THAT'S HOW I FEEL....

UN-RAVEL 18....

THAT'S HOW I FELT....

MANIK'S P.O.V.

My life was quite nothing after my wife left with our daughter I had probably stopped living that's what my friends tell me. Accept for fab 5 many things changed in past years. Like my sister's demise, my wife and daughter leaving, fab5 having children and living a life worthwhile, my younger brother getting married and having a son, me moving out of India and above all me being all alone. Maybe, things aren't exactly how I feel but being alone for such a long time has made me a cynical person. But the light in my dark hollow is someone I never thought I could go along so well with, Dhruv and Aliya's son Ivaan. Ivaan is no where like his parents and that's not just me saying that but everyone agrees over this matter. Just to get rid of memories I drown myself in work and then alcohol but what can I do I feel so helpless.

Going through the same monotony of my life I hadn't imagined that one single phone call will change my life upside down but that day that one call brought the most unexpected news for me leaving me both in happiness and dilemma. A lawyer who is supposedly Nandani's friend called to inform me that Nandani has transferred our daughter Zamira's custody on my name. I was confused that how did it happen. A volley of questions had hit my brain but all got fazed out by the fact that I will be seeing my wife and daughter within two days time. Leaving my work where it was I rushed out calling for all the staff and instructed them to clean a room for Nandani as after a long time of being separated I knew she wouldn't stay with me and Zamira's room, I myself arranged everything for her. Remembering her interests from childhood and having an idea of a new teen, all new tech stuff seemed really important plus music systems and books were a sure shoot. As I had barely had any interest in reading my only go to was goggle but as always it had brainstorming information. I cooked up a story and feed it to Alishka owing to which she named stories of all genres. I thought of getting few clothes but let go off the idea as I didn't have any idea of how she looked like but I was sure she would be pretty like nobody has ever been.

As a child she has been the most beautiful kid, maybe because I am her father that's why I am saying that but forget it. She had big eyes, black iris same as mine, silky shiny brownish hair like her mom, cute cheeks not really chubby the way Nandani has. I couldn't wait to see her but at the same time I was so nervous to see my baby girl after such a long time. She would be a pretty 14 years old teenager with her father's attitude. I giggled at the mere thought.

Standing in front of mirror I practiced till late night how will I talk to her, how am I going to introduce myself and what answers I will give to her once she asks me the questions about our past life. There were so many things going on in my brain that I didn't realise I was sweating in the cold weather. I picked up a decent outfit including white shirt and blue denims. Hours before there arrival I prepared myself and mustered as much courage as I could but the mere thought of seeing Nandani after so many years made my heart flutter, seeing her smile, those beautiful chocolate brown eyes of her, those chubby cheeks but I knew deep down however upset I might have been with her throughout these years for leaving me or all the questions without whose answers my chest pounds in pain, would go down the drain just by looking at her mesmerizing self.

A knock on my door brought me back to reality and I got to know about my awaited visitors. As I stepped down the foray I could only see two people but not Nandani, my heart sank. She didn't come. Why? Why didn't she come? My eyes searched the room repeatedly though I knew I would face only disappointment but my eyes got stuck on the fourteen years old. I seriously could feel tears flow down my eyes. My baby girl had grown up to be such a beautiful teenager. She looked far more pretty then I could have ever imagined. In a white full sleeves shirt and black jeans she stood there scrutinizing her surroundings. I wiped my tears off and inhaled quickly to calm my self down realising at the very moment how tensed up body had been. I walked down to come face to face with a lady named Cadrica Ledger, she introduced herself as Nandani's lawyer-cum-friend and on asking about Nandani she just told me that Nandani is out of country and shall catch up with me latter. I nodded in agreement and asked her to settle down. She continued to inform me about all the legal procedures while my eyes roamed to my daughter who just turned to look at me.