UN-RAVEL 33.... FROZEN MOMENT.....

33....

FROZEN MOMENT....

She stood in front of hundreds of people who were shouting, bouncing, clapping but her breath remained hitched. It was hard to believe she made it. Previous 25 hours were devastating, dramatic and drastic. Every inch of her body ached in pain, blood shot red eyes, cuts and bruises along her limbs, tightness in her stomach and yet nothing stopped her from standing in front of these hundred people and shouting her lungs out.

She shut her eyes closed and in the moment she flew back in time when she stood in front of her father scared to death. The night previous she spent wide awake remembering and practicing each and every single move. Manik knew that doing something in security in theory is easier but reality is always different.

"Can I ask for something Chachu." Cabir couldn't help smiling at the way of addressal and he nodded.

"If mom and I couldn't come out of this safe. Tell dad I love him and he shouldn't blame himself because he made me something I had always wished for."

"Don't say that. You and Nandani will be....."

Zamira cuts him in between, "Promise me you will take care of him."

With fear in his eyes Cabir nodded. Both of them knew it was 50% possibility and how much ever they may try to deny it never felt any better. Running away from truth wasn't the solution anymore. I guess.

Back in the arena Zamira opened her eyes and looked at the enthusiastic crowd. Today was the quarter finals that means inter state music competition. She breathed in and started singing.

"I'm bleeding out
So if the last thing that I do
Is bring you down
I'll bleed out for you"

She turns to look at her parents sitting together for the first time in her life. Her fingers that were wrapped around the microphone made the handle red as blood comes out of the cuts.

"So I bare my skin
And I count my sins
And I close my eyes
And I take it in
I'm bleeding out
I'm bleeding out for you, for you."

####

"Where are the papers I asked for?" Her captor asks her authoritatively.

"Where is my mom?" She asks roughly.

"Paper first baby girl." Zamira snorts at the mention of nickname.

She slides the papers across the table towards him and opening the file he smirks.

"Take her to her mother." He commands.

####

Zamira looks at Manik as she sings relating the next lines to him.

"When the day has come
That I've lost my way around
And the seasons stop and hide beneath the ground
When the sky turns gray
And everything is screaming
I will reach inside
Just to find my heart is beating

Oh, you tell me to hold on
But innocence is gone
And what was right is wrong"

####

"Mom...." Zamira hugs Nandani after four awfully long weeks of separation.

"Zamira...." Nandani takes her daughter in her arms. She pulls away to look at Zamira and creasing the contours of her face she looks at her unbelievably, "You look.... you look so...."

"Different." Zamira fills in with a smile.

Nandani nods in disagreement, "Like your dad." Zamira smiles at Nandani and so does Nandani.