UN-RAVEL 22.... RISE AND FALL....

UN-RAVEL 22....

RISE AND FALL....

PART I:

RISE....

Six days pass by after Zamira's discharge with things going lightly. There has been a ticking clock over Zamira's head. Though she had recovered but she surely knows that she isn't in a good enough condition. Yesterday her stitches were removed but her wrist is still broken, though the wounds given by the girls have healed the wounds she had received earlier are far from healed. The entire family and fab 5 extended family has taken great care of her. Presently she has her mind wrapped around how to retrieve the file her kidnappers had asked her to. Though she has checked Manik's library she didn't find any trace of that file. She has squared down two possibilities, one the locker and two Manik's room both are kinda out of her reach.

Manik enters Zamira's room early in the morning to find her wide awake, smiling at him she puts forward her pleasantries her wishes her back.

"I am glad you are up. Come on." Zamira nods and slipping out of her bed she wears her slippers on which Manik nods in disagreement, "Zamira wear shoes." Zamira looks confused nevertheless does as asked.

"Are we going to continue our music classes." Manik looks at Zamira sceptically weighing carefully how should he reveal what he is upto. For a while there is thick silence between two of them.

"Nope. It's something else."

"What?"

Manik escorts her to the gym room and she stands there shocked, "Gym." Is the only word that spills out of her mouth in pure disbelief.

"Yes. Gym."

"I hate gym."

"That's sad."

"I am not going to gym now. I finished my half mile walk as per instruction just five minutes back."

Manik pulls Zamira inside the gym and closes the door behind them and clearing his voice he looks into her eyes and speaks firmly, "I have thought this through and I was waiting for your stitches to get off so that we can start."

"But why?" Zamira questions being perplexed.

"Looks at yourself, Zamira. That's exactly the answer."

Zamira looks down at her feet and realises what he means, "Umm.... But I can't. I am too weak."

"Right. Because strong people don't make excuses."

Zamira looks at him feeling offended, a part of her wished to snap back at him while the other agreed with him. Blinking her eyes repeatedly in an attempt to push her tears back while her entire concentration is on her shoes that are pressing together very hard. She fumbles on her way to the door.

"You can't leave."

Ignoring Manik's warning she tries opening the door but it doesn't opens, she turns back to him and with annoyance and teary eyes speaks, "Let me out. I don't want to be here."

"Doesn't matter what you want. Stop wasting my time and let's begin."

"NO." She shouts at him, "NO, I am not going to do anything you want me to do especially this gym and all. Fine you want to hear it so I am saying it loud and clear for you. I am the weakest person present on this planet earth. Happy...." She sniffs as she wipes her nose and tears with the cuff of her sweatshirt.

Manik sighs as he presses his temples to control his overflowing rage, "If you think that's what I want to hear, you are wrong. You spoke exactly opposite to what I want to hear."