UN-RAVEL 41...

UN-RAVEL 41....

@MANIK & NANDANI'S ROOM...

After freshening up when Manik entered his room a smile adored his face seeing Zamira snd Nandani sleeping peacefully on the bed. For years he wanted to get up looking at them and now when finally he is waking up to this view his heart is filled with extreme elation as if it might burst open his heart. Sitting besides Zamira he ruffles her hair.

"Wake up Zu." He kisses her forehead only for her to crawl into his lap and curl up on his stomach. His smile automatically widened. "Wake up meri jaan. Uth ja." He says ceasing her hair. For Zamira Manik's voice is like lullaby, which lulls her into a further deep sleep. Nandani turns around as her eyes adjust to the light in room and she smiles seeing Zamira in Manik's lap. "Zu baby wake up." Manik says ruffling her hair while she digs her face further into his stomach making Nandani giggle.

"What are you giggling at?" Manik asks smilingly.

"She will never wake up like this."

"She will." Manik says pretty sure of his efforts.

"No she won't." Nandani says sternly taking her stand.

"Urgh.... do you want to bet." Manik says pointedly.

"Manik it's useless because you never agree that you loose." Nandani states as a matter of fact.

"No that's because I never loose."

"Ohh you are such a liar." Nandani scoffs childishly.

"Fine. Let's bet and you won't be able to win."

"Okay. I bet. And I will win."

"It's on woman." Manik says pretty sure.

"Fine take your turn one." Nandani says pretty sure he will loose.

Manik nods and starts waking Zamira sweetly. "Zu baccha. My baby wake up, please. Wake up kiddo." He says making her nuzzle into him while she makes a sound something like, "Shhh...."

Nandani chuckles making him grunt at her, "Don't grunt at me. It's my turn now." She says slyly.

"Zara wake up. You are getting late." Nandani says while pushing her arm slightly.

"Grgrgr mumma sone do." (Grgrgr mumma let me sleep.) Zamira says turning away from Nandani.

"No wake up it's late." Nandani says sternly.

Irritated by her mother's voice Zamira opens her eyes to Manik's utter shock but he chuckles seeing her confused face. His chuckle makes her look at him and she pouts to which he pulls her cheeks, "Time to wake up sleeping beauty." Zamira continues to pout but slides upward almost sitting on Manik's lap but he pulls her close to himself as she rests her head on his  chest. Rubbing her eyes she whispers, "Sleepy."

"I won." Nandani's joyful voice distracts both to look at her,  Zamira looks on confused while  Manik grins his teeth.

"No you didn't. She was still lying down when  you woke her up. When I asked her to get up only then she got up." Nandani looks at him as her eyes say 'that's what you always do'.

"Admit it you lost." Nandani says grumpily.

"No I didn't. I won and you lost."

"Wooh wooh what's this about guys?" Zamira asks yawning.

"Your dear dad lost the bet. He is a looser. A grumpy loser."

"Oh hello neither I am a looser nor am I grumpy. You lost I didn't."

"What was the bet about?" Zamira asks as a but obvious question.

"We had bet about who will be able to wake you up."

Zamira growls frustrated getting up from Manik's lap and sitting opposite to him and glares both her parents, "What? Are you guys five or what. You both are so silly. And you both bet on ruining my sleep and that's even worse."  Both Manik and Nandani look at each other then shrug making Zamira growl even more and she gets up and marches towards the door angrily.

"Good morning by the way." Nandani says making Zamira to turn and look at her parents she growls again and stomping her feet walks back to them. She then slouches over and kissing her mother's cheeks and wishes her, "Good morning mumma." Nandani smiles and ruffles her hair.

She then looks at Manik and with a pout gets on the bed and crawling on her legs hugs him and wishes, "Good morning papa."

"Good morning baccha." Manik says with a content smile.

She stands up and glares lazily at both of them, "I am still angry. You don't ruin my sleep. Bye I am going to sleep now."

Both look at her wide eyed, "No." They shout together, "It's very difficult to wake you up. Above all you have practice today too." Manik says reminding her of music practice. Mumbling profanities under her breath she leaves nodding.

Nandani sits up making her scars sting and her mouth to scrunch in pain as she tries not to shout while biting on her lips.

"Are you okay Nandani." Manik says getting up and walking to her side hurriedly to help her.

Nandani nods. "I am fine Manik."

"Do you need something." Nandani nods in disagreement.

"I am fine." She says trying to get up on her own but failing badly.

"I will call someone to help you Nandani."

Nandani nods in negative frantically, "No no please." She says holding his hand and stopping him to get up. Manik sighs looking at her as he understands she doesn't want anyone to look at her scars.

"But Nandani you can't do everything on your own. Someone must help you. Let me get mom please." Manik requests her.

"No Manik. Please no." Nandani begs him with her eyes.

"Okay. Then how do you plan on freshening up." Manik asks a little disappointed as he knows she can't do anything on her own right now.

"I will do it Manik. I will do it. Don't worry." Nandani says adamantly.

"Okay. Do it then. Get up." Manik says testing her on her words.

Nandani gets up but as soon as she takes her first step she stumbles only for Manik to hold her.

"Do you want to get even more injured. Let someone help you." Manik says a little angrily now.

"You help me." Nandani says feebly taking aback Manik by shock.

He looks into her teary scared eyes startled as his eyes start to soften looking at her pleading eyes which are begging him to not ask anybody else for help as she won't be able to show herself to anyone. As Manik's hand are snaked around Nandani's waist and her arms are on his shoulder while they look into each other's eyes which are reflecting their scared soul.

"Nandani...." Manik looks while his mind is in dilemma of whether he should ask her what has been bothering him for a long time or not but a nod of encouragement from her makes him say those scary words, "Did they ever...." he fumbles scared if the answer.

"No they never did anything other then beating us." Nandani says reading his fare. Manik nods and closes the space between them as he hugs her close to his heart while she hides in his arms which is the most peaceful place for her.

"Umm.... Manik I need to use the washroom." Nandani says making him chuckle and look at her innocent face as he nods. Manik slowly bends down and scoops Nandani in his arms lifting her off the floor.

Manik carries Nandani to the washroom and makes her stand while still holding her. "I will wait outside just call me when you are done." Nandani nods as Manik leaves.

After five minutes Nandani calls Manik and he helps her to wash her hands while supporting her entire body with his body.

"Manik brush." Nandani asks as there is only one brush in the washroom.

"Just a second I will get it." He says but as he moves Nandani dis balances. "Shit." He again lifts her and makes her sit on the shelf. "Sit here I will be back in a sec."

Manik runs outside and comes back quickly with a new brush while Nandani is just looking at him. She forwards her hand for the brush after Manik has put paste on it but he refuses confusing her.

"Open your mouth." Manik asks a little sternly so she doesn't disobey. Nandani gladly opens her mouth without an ounce of disagreement.

Manik brushes her teeth gently for her while creasing her hair and moving some of her hair back that occasionally came in front. She then spits and washes her mouth as Manik cleans the paste froth off her lips making her bite her lips.

"I will run the bath." Nandani nods while Manik walks towards the tub and runs the water.

"When I was in my seventh month pregnant with Zamira, you remember how I always made you brush my teeth as a practice." Nandani says with a chuckle, "Becaus e you were so worried that you don't know how to brush someone else's teeth that you couldn't sleep for five days together."

Manik laughs nodding as he remembers that time, "I know and you have agreed you enjoyed it a lot."

Nandani nods laughing, "It was fun to get so much pampered by you."

"Yup I loved doing it thought. And it was always fun pampering you." He says with a fond smile creasing Nandani's hair.

"Will you ever be able to forgive me." Nandani asks as sadness takes over her.

"Shhh..." Manik places his finger on her lips. "I don't Nandani what you did I guess it's right. Right now I just want this. You, Zu and me. Please. I missed you. I don't waste time regretting please can we leave the past. I promise I will process it but not now. Please." He says cupping her face and nodding as she hugs him.

"And I am not angry with you." Manik says "As far as forgiving you is concerned I am just a little upset nothing else." Nandani nods knowing he meant what he said because with her Manik never put on any filter he use to say everything the way it is and so did she that's why their relation is so special to them.

"Okay you need bathe now." Manik says pulling out of hug and Nandani nods.

"Come on give me your hand." Manik holds Nandani's hand trying to get her to stand but she whines due to pain so he holds her waist and lifts her off the sink and makes her stand on her feet. "Alright now may I help you undress." He asks pretty unsure.

"I guess that's why I asked you to help me."

Manik looks at her wide eyed, "You asked me to help you so that I can undress you."

Nandani slaps his shoulder making him yell a dramatic ouch, "Shut up you dirty dirty mind." Manik chuckles.

"Okay hold my shoulders angry tigress put your entire weight on me." Nandani nods as Manik kneels down and undoes the knot of her pajamas and then slides them down slowly so that he doesn't hurts her. As he pulled the pajamas down her legs show up being filled with bruises her natural fair colour totally turned into blue or black his eyes fill up seeing it.

"Like what you see Mr. Malhotra." Nandani asks with a smirk to lighten the mood making Manik chuckle at her words.

He gets up and nods in disbelief. Then he starts to unbutton her dress. "I am sorry." Nandani says making Manik look at her questioningly.

"You shouldn't have to see this...."

Manik cuts her words, "No I need to see this. I want to see this Nandani. You are not going to suffer all by yourself not anymore. I am going to help you, I am going to be there and I am so happy that you asked me to be there today. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't ask me to here today. I want to be there. I am your husband."

Nandani nods, "And my best friend, my secret keeper and my safe haven." Manik kisses her forehead and then slowly and steadily picks her up in his arms and places her in the water tub.

"Sssss...." Nandani says as the water touches her wounds.

"Is it too hot." Nandani nods in negative. "Help me unhook." She says pointing at her bra and Manik nods. He takes it off as she slides down and rests her head closing her eyes feeling more comfortable with bubbled hot water.

"Don't open your eyes." Manik says making Nandani open her eyes and for him to glare her and as she realizes that he is shampooing her hair she closes her eyes back with giggles. Manik makes a froth out of shampoo and massages Nandani's head. As his hand run on her scalp they sooth her emotionally taking away all the tightness of her mind. His hands run along the long length of her hair. He massages her scalp lulling her to sleep and after that when he washes her hair with warm water she feels heavenly as her brain relaxes down.

As Manik is done washing her hair Nandani opens her eyes with traces of tears lingering, "Hold my hand Manik." She says forwarding her hand for him to hold. He takes her hand into a firm yet gentle grip. She pulls herself forward and looks into his eyes.

"How do I look?" She asks as her eye bore into his with beauty and pain.

"Beautiful. Hot as hell." He says with a smile rubbing her tears off and resting his hand on her face as she smiles.

She joins her forehead with his as they both close their eyes feeling each other's presence.

"Mani..." Manik looks at Nandani who pulls herself closer to him and he bends down further covering the distance between them as his lips brush on her lips momentarily and then she captures his lips and sucks them lovingly as he moves his hand to her back pulling her closer and letting her kiss him. After a few seconds she breathes felling heavenly making him smile. He moves forward this time capturing her lips and sitting on his knees while his one arm supports her neck she hold onto his shirt with both her hands allowing him to savor her lips. She kisses her gently with all his love expressing his longing for her she allows him into her mouth as his tongue creases her tongue. Feeling Manik's lips on her after so many years made Nandani's heart fill with happiness she can never tell in words how much she missed him so she expresses it by kissing him while on other hand Manik felt like going back in time as if the world was blossoming with happiness all over again. While kissing each other both of them couldn't help letting their eyes flow with tears as they expressed the joy they felt. After breaking the kiss Manik hugs Nandani tightly pressing her to his chest and resting his face in crook of her neck.

"I missed  you so much." Manik's words make Nandani cry a little more.

Breaking the hug they both rub each other's tears.

"Get in Manik." Manik nods at Nandani's words and gets inside the tub as Nandani sits between his legs and rests her head on his chest while his hands snake her waist. He kisse her hair feeling soulfully complete. They stay in each other's embrace for another thirty minutes feeling the serendipity of their relationship.

"We should get out now." Manik says and Nandani nods. First Manik gets out, "I will be back in a minute." Saying that he leaves the washroom to dry himself up and change into dry clothes. He goes back and helps Nandani to get out of the tub.

"You shouldn't have changed I will get you wet again." Nandani says pouting.

"No you won't." Manik says wrapping her in a towel and drying her body as she hold his shoulder firmly. He then makes her wear the bathing gown and settles her down on chair taking another towel he dries off her hair and put them in a bun above her hair wrapped in towel.

Nandani raises her arms to be carried by him, "You are enjoying this a lot. Aren't you?" Manik asks raising an eyebrow and Nandani nods mischievously with a smile making him laugh out and carry her to their bedroom.

"What's all this?" Nandani asks looking at the bags placed on bed.

"Clothes for you." Manik says taking those bags and pulling out some dresses. "Which one do you want?"

Nandani looks through the dresses and then points at a fully sleeved white shirt and navy blue skirt. "Alright then." Manik takes it and undoes the knot of her bath robe.

"Umm.... Manik." He looks at her as she has pulled her lips together squeezing them. "I need undergarments."

"Right." Here he gives her another bag and she takes it.

"Now turn around."

Manik looks at her shocked. "What?"

"Turn around Manik." She repeats sternly.

"It's not like I haven't seen anything." He says turning around making Nandani laugh.

"It's not that. It's fun seeing your ass." Nandani's words make Manik widen his eyes as she smacks him of butt gently laughing.
He turns around to look at her, "What's gotten into you Murthy?"

"You Malhotra." She winks at him as he nods in disbelief.

"Now hook my bra."

"I prefer unhooking it. You know." He says mischievously winking at her as he gets down on his knees and hooks her bra for her.

"You know I too love unhooking a lot of things." She says making him sigh deeply at her boldness.

"Were you thinking about all this only when you were locked in. You dirty little mind." Manik says totally blank by her comebacks.

"Yeah they helped me a lot. Especially imagining you on those nights without...." Manik place his hand on her mouth.

"Shut up Murthy you have two children now." Nandani laughs seeing his expressions.

"It's always fun teasing you. Especially when you think only you can say all those double meaning things." Manik nods his head in disbelief.

He opens the drawer by the bed side and pulls out ointment. "It will burn a little hold my arm and squeeze it." Nandani nods as she holds his arm and digs her nails into his skin because of all the pain the ointment caused as he rubbed it on her wounds as gently as possible while blowing air frequently. After applying the ointment on all the wounds he says quietly, "It's done Nandnu." Nandani opens her eyes and takes her hands off and looks at the Mark's her nails had made on her arm. "Well I have had habit of having you scratch me you wild cat." Manik says making her laugh and lighting down her mood.

"Hands up girl." Nandani raises her hands as Manik gently pulls down the skirt first taking it down to her waist and then the shirt so she gets dressed comfortably. He then combs her hair carefully and leaves them open just the way he like.

"You are ready now." He says standing in front of her and looking at her lovingly.

"Umm... my lip gloss." She says forwarding her hand and Manik gets it and she applies it.

"How do I look?" She asks with a smile.

"Beautiful." Manik can't stop smiling seeing her. "Now come here." Saying that he pulls her in a hug.

"Oops did we walk on something." The words followed by giggles make Manik roll his eyes and look at his band mates.

"Get over it guys. We are just hugging."

"Yeah we have walked over worse." Dhruv says remembering the time when they walked over Manan making out. He receives a smack on his head from Aliyah. "Shut up."

"Well we were hear because the breakfast is ready and everyone is waiting for you guys." Mukti says smiling at Manik. All of them were glad to see Manik happy and at the same time worried about how long the happiness will last this time. None of them talked to Nandani but did pass her a smile accept for Cabir who wasn't really sure what to say.

"Let's go." Manik says creasing Nandani's hair. On other hand Nandani wasn't unaware of the tension she shared with all of them. She knew she owes them explanation. A lot of it to be accurate.

"You guys come to the lawn." Saying that the fab5 leaves.

"Don't worry Nandu they will be fine." Manik says understanding her turmoil.

"That's not the point Manik. None of them should have gone through it."

"Well neither should have you. But all of it happened because may it was meant to happen. That was a rough rough time Nandu. For everyone we all made bad decisions and we all regret those decisions and I guess we will have to live with them. Rather we should make something better of our future and not regret our past." Manik explains calmly creasing her hair and she nods.

"What about Rishab?" Nandani asks looking worriedly in his eyes.

Manik sighs, "I will talk to him. Don't worry." Nandani nods knowing that Rishab loved and respected Manik too much and so did Manik. He cared for him as a brother. She hoped everything can just be fine.

@OUTSIDE IN LAWN....

One side was occupied by everyone for breakfast as they were still settling it down on other side Inexorables were talking about their next performance.

"Alright guys.... Ivery said she won't be able to join us she has got something really important on her plate so we should start our discussion without her. We have less then a week, so we got to buck up. Our main songs will be the same as decided but last night I talked to coach and he told me we have to add a few songs." Ivaan says biting his lower lip.

"What add songs? Now.... we don't have time." Chris was the first one to panic and rest nodded together.

"Actually Chris that's not it...." he says looking around at everyone as they all were pretty much going to freak out, "We have to add another culture basically. It's cultural fest. So I was thinking that we can go with Hindi songs."

"What the hell man???" Alishka shouts making them all almost deaf. "I know we all are Indians accept for Chris and Ivery obviously but have you ever heard our Hindi. Dude our pronunciation is worse."

"Uhhh....." Ivaan looks at her nervously as she was right and he was still not done, "According to the guidelines we have to perform a concert basically an hour long concert."

Yuvaan chuckled, "We are done. We are gone. This isn't possible. This can't happen. Forget it. Forget it totally. Not happening. We are screwed."

Ivaan finally looks at Zamira who hadn't freaked out yet only to see that her face is between both her palms and she is looking at him like a ghost so he knew that she agreed with the rest on this matter.

"Ivaan you have lost it totally."

"Come on guys stop freaking out." Ivaan tries to keep the morale high. "AndItIsBudy'sBirthdayAsWellOnTheNextDay." He adds quickly.

"Excuse me.... What?" Zamira shouts out making everyone's eyes pop out of their sockets. "I didn't hear you right. I thought you said it's dad's birthday the next day."

Ivaan nods in agreement quickly to hear Zamira shout at him, "You have lost it Ivaan. This is a gone show. We are going to ruin everything. I didn't even know it's dad's birthday. I don't know what to do. I can't do anything." Ivaan and everyone looked at her like what the hell is she saying.

"Have you gone mad?" Everybody nodded.

"I don't think I can do this." She says being all nervous.

"You are right. Ivaan we can't do it. Our hindi is just too bad and Chris barely knows hindi. We are going to screw big time." Alishka agreed with her.

"Urgh guys your fussing uselessly." Ivaan says getting annoyed by now.

"Alright we can ask Manik uncle. Let him decide he has better experience." Chris says pointing at Manik who is coming out with Nandani.

"He too will say this is a bad idea." Yuvaan says agreeing and so does everyone else.

"Fine then." Ivaan agrees knowing that Manik will side by him for all the right reasons and could even help them all.

They all march towards the breakfast table to talk to Manik and rest of the fab5.

"What's up with you guys?" Mukti asks looking at them as they all looked like damsel in distress.

"We are screwed Mukks." Yuvaan says slouching on the chair and taking an apple to eat.

"What happened?" Ansh asks curiously.

"Buddy.... we need your opinion." Ivaan says sitting besides Manik and facing him after shifting his chair.

"What is it?" Manik asks casually.

"You know we have our final round of competition next week."

"Hmm.... hun.... what about that?" Manik asks nodding.

"We have to mix to cultures so I was thinking we can add Hindi songs to our concert. As according to latest rules we have to mix two cultures and perform a concert of around an hour or so. These guys are saying that we shouldn't do it because we will screw up but I think otherwise so what do you say." Ivaan says in a single go making Manik look at others bluntly. "They want you to make a decision for us."

"Alright. First of all I am not going to decide anything on your behalf it's your group so you guys should make a decision. Second of all if you want my opinion then you all (he says pointing towards the group accept for Ivaan) are stupid to even think of backing out. There is only one rule of life never give up without fight. I am really disappointed by you all for thinking otherwise." Manik ends with a pointed look on his face making all of them sigh and Ivaan to look at them with pity.

"It's not their fault they all are just a little afraid. It's such a big opportunity and they don't want to mess it up." Ivaan says standing by his group and protecting them while all of their faces turned to him and they smiled thankfully.

Manik nods his head understanding what Ivaan is doing, "Fine if that's the case we will help you. Fab5 will help you guys to prepare. That's the max help you are getting from us." Manik says making them all cheer in happiness.

"Guys remember winning always doesn't matter but participation does." Cabir says gaining all of their attention, "You may win or you may not win but if you don't participate you guys will never know. Just trust yourself and give your best to your music."

To be continued....

I hope you guys like this part. Please please do comment , vote and share.

Take care peeps.

Keep smiling
Stay safe
&
For now signing off
SHIVIKA....