Chapter 4

Max's P.O.V.

River and I have officially danced the night away, I go to get us some drinks from what appears to be the kitchen of the old abandoned place. Surprisingly Charlie isn't there anymore. I see him come down the stairs with the boy from early as I'm headed back to the dancefloor with our drinks. He looks really happy. Suddenly someone is up on the fake stage thing that's in the room with a dancefloor, they stumble a bit before announcing,
"It's time for the costume contest! Anyone who wants to participate is welcome and as per usual whoever wins gets a prize!" He shouts, his voice muffled by the sucker in his mouth.
I wonder what the prize is.
"You should go up there, pretty boy." River encourages me.
"Really, but your costume is so much cooler than mine! Why don't you go up?" I ask.
"Because I've already won before." She states, as if its it's obvious and she cant win again.
I look over at Charlie, who looks to be having basically the same conversation, but the masquerade boy stops him just before he goes up. I guess they decided to just go get another drink instead.
"I don't really like to be in the spotlight." I tell her, which isn't really a lie, I never did like being on stages with big lights in my face.
So she drops the subject and we just go walk around some of the other rooms in the building, it's actually got a lot of rooms that people aren't in much. Of course all the bedrooms are taken though, y'know how party people are. We go upstairs to a room that's small and looks like it's really just a large, almost empty, closet. We sit down in there and just talk for a while, listening to the music playing loudly below us. Eventually we fall asleep together.

Jack's P.O.V.

I was about to go volunteer to be in the costume contest when Michael suddenly stops me.
"Actually, maybe we should just go dance or something. These things are usually rigged so certain people win anyway." He says, but I'm not quite sure I believe him. Although I'm sorta relieved that I don't have to go up in front of a crowd again, reminds me too much of home life and home life is the exact thing I'm trying to forget tonight. We start dancing and end up dancing for a few hours before we eventually get tired of it, then we just explore the house for a while, it's a pretty big house actually. Eventually we end up going upstairs and find one bedroom that's unoccupied, which is surprising since we're at a party. We decide to lay on the bed and talk for while about this and that before eventually falling asleep together.