Chapter 9

Max's P.O.V.

"Welcome back." We hear from behind us. We turn around and a man is standing there, I remember his neon outfit from the party, he was the one up on stage who was running the costume contest, he's still eating the sucker. He greets us happily.
"Its nice to see you kids again, although I didn't expect you to look so bad." He says, I haven't got a clue how he recognizes us though.
"Who are you?" Jack asks.
"The name's Clyde, I'm the DJ and the one who sets up the costume contest each year, the cat brings people to the party of course, but the party has happened every Halloween since hell knows when, long before I got here. We're all dead so we can't go places or do much unless it's Halloween, some people come, some people go, and some people usually die. Now, don't get me wrong, we don't like killing people. But some of the people here are a bit lonely, so I rig the contest to help them get new friends. If you had won the contest you might have ended up dead too. Its a good thing you didn't try it." He explains.
"Although from the looks of it, you might have been better off staying here." He continues.
"Yeah, well, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon." I tell him.
"You can't stay here." I hear River say as she comes up to me. I turn to her.
"Why not?" I ask.
"I don't want you to die because of me. You have thin torn up clothes on, you're hurt and need to heal, there are holes in this house, and soft spots in the floor. You'll freeze or fall or starve." She says.
"Then maybe we should fix this old place up then." Jack suggests.
"How do you expect to do that? How would you ever have the money for all the supplies, and how would you get them here without raising suspicion? how do you plan to stay here without being accused of being killers with all the bodies hidden here?" Michael asks as he walks over from the kitchen.
"We'll work on it, step by step, and we can pick pocket some money to get what we need." Jack replies.
"Or" I start.
"Or what?" Jack asks.
"We could steal." I reply.
"How do you plan to steal that many supplies without getting caught?" He asks.
"That's not what I'm talking about." I say, he gives me a confused look.
"Being children of royalty, our parents have plenty of money and jewels. Let's get a head start on our inheritance, shall we?" I continue. Now he looks at me as if I've gone crazy.
"We almost died trying to escape last time we went home and now you want to go back to steal money! Are you fucking crazy?!" He shouts back.
"Calm down, we won't do it tonight. The plan is that we spend the rest of tonight digging graves for everyone stuck here and finding all their bodies. Tomorrow, we go get new clothes and some big bags. We'll go while they're out looking for us with the police and take as much as we can fit in our bags then come back here and figure out a place to hide it all. We'll be in and out before anyone knows we were ever even there." I explain the plan to him.
"What happens if one of us gets caught?" He asks.
"We'll meet up at a spot in the woods that I'll mark on our way there, if we haven't met up by night fall whoever wasn't caught can figure out a way to help the other out." I tell him, hoping it doesn't come to that. With that, we grab some shovels, go to the backyard, and start digging.

Jack's P.O.V.

We dug for hours and hours creating a mass grave for all the bodies here. Once we finish we go look for bodies.
"We can start by getting the bodies that we already know about, and then we can get help finding the rest." I say.
"Yeah, I'll go get River." Max replies. So he gets her and I get Michael, Max grabs the cat on his way back to the backyard. We put they bodies in the grave and despite the fact that I'm being as gentle as possible Micheal's arm comes off as I'm putting him in. I drop it on top of him and turn around to ask if he knows where more bodies are. Max and I spend another hour finding all the bodies with the help of River and Michael and putting them all in the grave, we find the winner of this year's costume contest, a girl in a nurse outfit who looks like she hasn't been dead long. We ask clyde if there are any left and he tells us that we got them all, so we spend the rest of the night filling in the hole. We go inside and find bedrooms to sleep in as the sun starts coming up over the horizon.