Chapter 23

Jack's P.O.V.

I wake up on the hard floor of my cell, this dungeon is the loneliest place in the world compared to the old abandoned house we made home. Theres a plate of food that looks like it's been carelessly thrown into the cell. I eat a bit but not much of it, before a knight walks in and takes over for the other knight that's been watching me sleep for who knows how long. When the other knight leaves he approaches the bars.
"You need to get out of here." He says, the voice sounds familiar.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"It's me, Torin." He says back in a hushed tone.
"Oh! Are you here to get me out?" I ask. He looks to both sides.
"Max said not to involve myself too much. He wants me to help you get out of here on your own, then you need to go get some of your friends to help get him out of the mental asylum." He tells me.
"Mental asylum? How'd he get there?!" I ask in surprise.
"His parents had him put in for hysteria. The point is he needs to get out. So I'm going to give you something and then some other guards are going to come, I'll ask them to cover my shift while I guard the entrance to the dungeons so no other guards can get in. You get out, get past them, and run straight into the woods." He informs me of this plan and I have no clue what this mystery item that might help me pull this off will be. He pushes something wrapped in cloth threw the bars and tells me to hide it under the mattress. He then tells the other guards who walk by that he has to cover for someone else and asks if one of them can sit outside my cell door for him. One knight agrees and the other keeps walking. When the knight walks far enough away and the other knight by my door is asleep I pull out the cloth and find a knife inside, I know exactly what I'm supposed to do. I reach my hand around start quietly picking the lock, when it clicks open I take the lock off the door and push it open. The door makes a loud sound of metal on metal and gets the attention of everyone around me. As the guard in front of me wakes up I jab the knife into his throat and shut my eyes as the blood gushes out. I pull it out quickly and stab the knight running towards me it the eye, I feel it go through her whole head, she shouldn't have taken off her helmet. Another knight runs at me from the other side and I throw the knife at him. I hear the blood flow out of him and when I go up to his body to retrieve my knife I see that I to hit him in the chest. I take the knife out and leave, Torin nods to me on my way out. I run, I run into the woods, I run to the suburbs, I run into the house, and I run into Clyde. I run into him, I don't phase through, he's real.
"Max is in trouble! He needs our help!" I tell him.
"Alright, calm down, I have most of what I need covered here. You take Michael and River to go get Max. Whatever you do make sure you get back here in time." He says, I know exactly what he's implying by that. I have to get him back here before the contest or we'll be screwed.