Chapter 22

Max's P.O.V.

The cop car pulls up to the mental asylum and I'm pulled out of the car, into the building. A staff member grabbed me and I was stripped down and hosed down in a shower room and given a plain white shirt and sweat pants. The asylum staff then take me away and shoved me into a padded cell, its empty except for a bed. I bang at the door and try hitting my head against the soft wall as hard as I can. Nothing happens. I'm stuck. I'm trapped. I'm never getting out. I start to freak out, I cry, I scream, I start scratching and biting the walls trying to rip the padding off the walls. A while later a doctor comes in to give me my pills. I take them and drink the water I'm given, when the doctor leaves I spit them out in the corner. Then, a knight comes in.
"What the hell do you want?" I ask in a tired and frustrated voice.
"I just want to help you." I'm surprised to hear Torin's voice.
"T-" I start.
"Shoosh, I don't want them to know it's me." He whispers to me.
"You really want to help?" I whisper back.
"Yes, I do." he replies.
"Get Jack, tell him I'm here and he'll get some friends of ours. I'll get out on Halloween." I tell him.
"Jack is a prisoner." He tells me, now I really think I'm crazy.
"How the hell? He-he's the nicest person ever!" I reply in confusion.
"He took full responsibility for both robberies and all the murders that happened." He tells me. Fuck.
"Okay, you gotta help him get out. I don't want you to get too involved in this because I don't want you to get in trouble or get hurt. All you need to do is make sure we get out by tomorrow." I tell him. He nods. Then he leaves. I try my best to get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long fucking day.
I wake up in a blank white room, alone, and scared. Even though Jack and I have been in an abandoned house for about a year now, I've never really been as alone as I am waking up in this room. This bright room that I refuse to rot in. I get up and the door opens. The doctors give me food and some more pills that I pretend to take. They take me to an area with other patients in the asylum. I guess its social hour. I look around at all the lunatics they have here, there's some people who look homeless, a few people playing some of the table top games, and some people watching a movie projection in the front of the room. Some guards line the walls making sure people stay in check. I definitely don't belong here. I belong at home, with River and Jack and all our other friends. I have to figure out how to get out of here. I have a Halloween party to attend.