Becoming A Hero

Inari

"Become.....A Hero ?" The human echoed in confusion. "The hell are you saying ?" Ok now this is getting entertaining. "I'm not saying you must. This is a request." By now Rimuru wore a ribbon that Milim had placed on him.

   "Remember what Fuze said ? If word gets out that monsters were the ones that defeated the Orc Lord, this won't be the end of the line. I'd like to make it seem like you and your buddies defeated the Orc Lord," Rimuru spelled it out.

  "A Nation of Monsters aided a gallant (far from gallant with this tag tag group of ruffians) party of heroes. With arms and provisions so they could fight the Orc Lord on even grounds. 

    We hope to forge friendly relations with mankind after all."

 Silence stretched while the humans considered Rimuru's offer. Take credit for killing the Orc Lord and saving Human filled Nations from being wiped out by her if they freaked out and attacked.

 "We can...." Fuze broke the silence. (Honestly people, or rather Author. Is his freaken name Fuze or Faze ? You keep changing it in the manga !!!!) "Have Brumund assist with that plan." Well at least we know this guy has a functioning working brain, She thought as she noticed the Idiot Trio looking pitiful at a bowl empty of potato chips.

  What are you !? Starving dogs !?

"Spread rumors to neighboring countries at the very least." Getting up violently the ruffianhuman yelled, " Hold up ! What are you jumping on board for ? These guys are monsters !" I might end up killing this idiot.

   "I can understand your concern. But there is more to this then just kindness of my heart." Now I really want to kill. Her tails flickered, itching to get rid of a group of pests. "For one thing, This Nation is home to over 10,000 named monsters.

   If they so wished, they can not only end our lives. But our nations as well."

"Least there's one human here with a functioning brain," She commented getting the humans attention.

Youma

The Fox woman spoke up, "Least there's one human here with a functioning brain." Crimson hair and fur gleamed but it was those golden eyes that bore into his very soul. "Humans attacking Tempest would receive a very nasty backlash, Gazel promised that but it will be worse if I'm the first to punish the fools who dare to invade my territory."

   Her eyes fastened solely on Fuze. "It won't matter, whether it's a whole nation or anything else. I'll punish all and don't think I won't spare any man, woman or child. Any leader who crosses that line also risks his own country."

   By then a toothy grin showed itself on the porcelain white face, "I'll wiped it out."

He could not help shudder at the bloodthirsty promise of the predatory monster.

Inari

"It does not suit me. You're asking me to play a role of some kind of messiah." It's either that or the possibility of your Nation getting wiped out. " 'Messiah' won't do. Those are unique existences like Demon Lords, calling yourself one won't end well," Milim commented.

  "If you value your life, At least stick with 'Hero'," Milim advised.

"Hey Kid, the adults are ta-" Thwack !

    A new egg sized lump appeared, this time on his forehead. She really held back from killing him, She noted. "Lady Milim...." Shion commented.

  "N-Not my fault  ! It's cause he called me a kid !!" Milim protested not wanting her lunch taken away.  "It's okay Milim. That idiot had it coming," She consoled the small Demon Lord. "Right Rimuru ?" She warned as she gaze the Slime a warning look. "Yeah !" The Slime rushed to reply.

3rd POV

Youma walked around Tempest, seeing all sorts of monsters. Coming to a skewered meat stand one of the monsters, a small female Hobgoblin with a small bird on her hat offered him some of the food.

   "Care to try some ?"

 It isn't poisoned, is it ? He eyed the meat with suspicion. If it taste funny I'll.... Eyes wide open he shouted, "So good !!!" 

 "Right ? The Lord Rimuru even said so himself," The Monster girl replied. "....Hey, What kind of Sli- person is Rimuru ?" He asked but remembered how that Oni woman had reacted. "Let's see, how should I say this..... He's a very 'Big' person ! Through he looks really small and cute."

   Thinking back Youma agreed that the slime was kind of cute. 

"What about that fox woman ?" She seemed like some sort of big shot. "Lady Inari ? She Co-Rules Tempest.... She's very protective." So more than one monster ruled Tempest. 

  Something knocked him over, spilling his tasty meat. "That hurt ! Wha-" He snapped only to stop. "Sorry 'bout that," The towering Orc replied. He's huge, Youma thought as the Orc apologized for the fallen meat.

  An Orc ? Were Orcs always so polite  ? He looks strong ! 

   "It's rare to see you, Gerudo," The female Hobgoblin commented to the giant Orc while Youma stood there dumbfounded with fresh meat in his hands. "Lord Rimuru told me to take a break. Though I'm still worried about the new buildings under way," The Orc Gerudo replied.

  Youma wandered off but was always being stopped by the friendly monster denizen. A pretty female Hobgoblin with a basket full of apples. Two Hobgoblins talking about a carving of Rimuru, Dragoniod monsters practicing fighting while the leader shouted, 'If they thought that was enough to serve Lord Rimuru and Lady Inari'.

Rimuru this, Rimuru that... Youma thought as he munched on a apple that the Hobgoblin gave him right before a pack of Hobgoblin children chased after him.

Inari

She enjoyed that flustered surprised look on the human's face as Rimuru changed into a beautiful silver haired, golden eyed girl. 

   The Hero plan went on and Youma and his comrades was outfitted with new  tailor made clothes, a new sword, trained with the Sword Demon. (honestly her favorite part) All of his comrades sprawled nearly dead on the battlefield while Gobuta encouraged, "Keep it up !"

  The hellish scene had him sweating in terror as the Oni Swordsmaster approached. But the best part was, she found what was making her itch !

   Two  people had slipped in with the ruffian group. Too well dressed and not quite human and they belonged to Claymen.