Despair and Hope

Inari

She stared at the giant Anti-Magic Area. So it's like what the Church uses ? She eyed the giant dome that encircled Tempest. Negative, Although it shares the same principle it is weaker and originated from inside, Great Muse replied.

  "Inari ! Did the Church attack you too ?!" Rimuru's voice asked. Her ears rotated toward the sound while they twitched and bristled with anger. "More like assaulted. I'm going to kill that damn Japanese woman," She muttered as the taste of metal appeared.

  Well, at least I'll get to use this rage on whoever's created this damn barrier, She consoled herself as she entered. The fact she had been 'KILLED" yet again rankled her pride. My illusion was  such high quality, hopefully I'll catch that damn church before they realize they screwed up big time.

   Entertaining herself with fleeting plans of burning humans alive, cities....basically wherever the Western Church was and those who harbored and protected them. It would be long and bloody that even her ancestor, the famed 2nd would feel intense pride for her malicious vengeance.

   "I won't hand her over to you !!!!" Someone swore. Scaling a building she saw Benimaru cornering  three people, Youma, Gracius and that WOMAN. Eyes shifting into those of a beast's she felt her rage burn bright.

  Jumping down her clawed hand rammed into the Wolf Beastmen. "You have a lot of guts. This woman you protect set up a nasty surprise for Tempest. She acted as a TERRORIST and you, A Beastmen from Yuurazania are protecting her ?

   Are Tempest and Yuurazania not on good terms ? Think about it slowly," She growled, faintly aware she had shifted into a more beastly humanoid appearence. Eyes shifting to the woman with Youma out cold in her arms.

  "So that idiot tried to protect you too..... Maybe I'll just have my fun with all three of you while I teach the most valuable lesson of all. DON'T FUCK WITH ME," She growled as she advanced closer to her prey.

   "That's enough, Inari !" Ears twitching she picked up on Rimuru coming closer. Shifting back she glared at the Slime, "This......TRAITOR helped in having Tempest Citizens be killed. Have you not even comprehended what has even been done ?" She snapped.

   Snarling she walked away while her instincts screamed at her. GO BACK, KILL, TERRITORY  ! They screamed at her as her fur ruffled and stood up. Damn, ever since she had been reborn her more Animal Instincts just got stronger and stronger.

  But then again I am a beast type monster, She reminded herself. Usually her Hyper Intuition was always the dominant but...  Oh well, both of them have helped keep me alive in this world.

She was a monster and in this world humans tended to believe that Monsters were always enemies and should be killed. The fact she was seeing children of Tempest all dead, their bodies lied in neat rows along with others who had been killed.

   Is this what you wanted Rimuru  ? She knew the idiot had always entertained the idea of leaving Tempest and being with humans.....She wondered now if he truly understood.

"The assailants had hidden themselves among the Merchants. We were respectful of the humans as ordered," A small Hobgoblin reported. "However we did not expect there would be malicious humans to be hidden among us."

  "Silence.....Be silent," Rigurd spoke.

In the Meeting Room

Myourmiles reported, "The first offenders were a group of three people. It has been reported that one of the suspects provoked a confrontation with one of the guards, and that a battle took place in that same area.

  Shuna and.... Gobuta, and shortly after Hakurou, joined in the fight, but as soon as the battle began, the town was engulfed by two barriers. One is the Anti-Magic area, (Church) and the other causes Monsters to grow weak." (Myulan's work)

  "......If it wasn't for that, then Hakurou would never have lost," Benimaru gritted. And Shion wouldn't be dead, She thought. She noticed that no one mentioned Shion and that the hot headed Oni Woman was missing.

   Their trying to spare us the pain of knowing..... Sighing to herself. It was touching but she was not sheltered, from either of her two lives. I always knew this day would come.

  "Afterwards, about a hundred knights from the Kingdom of Farmus came to the town. When they saw the fight between one of the attackers and Gobuta, they said this,

'We heard about the Nation of Monsters, and have come to investigate. But just look at this commotion.... We will act accordingly to the Laws of Mankind  !'

    After delivering these words, they began to wield their swords against Monster-kinds. Not just against the guards, but against bystanders as well."

And that explains the dead kids. 

"They made a declaration,

     This town is contaminated by monsters ! Our God Ruminus, will not tolerate a Nation of Monsters ! And thus ! With the support from the Western Saints  Church, we will eradicate you by force !!!

   The time will be one week from today. Our commander is no other His Royal Majesty, King Edomalis ! It would be less trouble if you'd just submit  (meaning be enslaved, her mind quipped) to us. If not, then in the name of God, we will make sure to cut you all down !'"