-3-

"We gotta get back to the van"
"Anyone know the way?" I looked to Zhen because it seemed that if anyone knew the way back then it should be her, but all she did was look back at me sheepishly. Luckily Gabriel knew where he was going and started to lead us away, but Dariush being Dariush he couldn't let someone else take the lead.
"Okay! Woah! Woah! Slow your roll, Dora the explorer alright but this is my clique. Soldiers [snaps] out!" He scoffed and started walking in the opposite direction.

Alex, Zhen, Gabriel and I all shared looks of disbelief and instead followed Gabriel as he told us where to go. Dariush realizing that no one was following him quickly turned around and ran after us.
————————————————————————
After about five minutes of running we made it back to the canoes only to realize that they left without us. Shit, we were actually screwed.
"They probably got the emergency signal and went back to camp"
"Oh and they didn't do a headcount beforehand, because leaving children in the middle of the forest is my regular Tuesday." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes. All I saw in my peripheral vision was Gabriel looking at me trying to suppress a smile. It was quickly wiped away with more booms in the sky. "What the fu-!" Well luckily that was censored on its own.

"Looks like explosions in the upper atmosphere." How does he know this stuff?
"Call them and have them send the van to pick you up."
"Wait you guys got their number?" Again, I love being ignored.
"I-I-it's dead! I had 90% two seconds ago! Piece of shit Boost mobile."
"Mine's dead too" and in that moment I knew we were fucked. At this time the sky started turning slightly orange, weren't skies supposed to be blue? While we were observing the sky, jets zoomed past us along the water.

"Oh my god, it's Independence Day" well shit (I never realized how much I swear, my vocabulary was as colourful as my paintings)
"It's June, GaBRieL!"
Oh Dariush, Dariush, Dariush when will you ever learn?
"Oh wait, maybe North Korea's invaded! Zhenzhen, call it off!" Oh. hell. no.
"Excuse me!? You do know how racist you're being right now?! Just because she's from Asia doesn't mean that she's North Korean! And she can't just fucking call it off! What's wrong with you!?" I felt a tug on my sleeve and I looked back and just saw Zhen smiling at me but also kinda telling me that's it's okay.

"We just need to wait here until the adults realize they left us and come back."
"Nice of you to say Alex but they're not coming back"
"I'm dying here with you losers?! I never even had sex before!" The one with the awkward pause. Then Dariush started rambling about how he has had sex before and a bunch of bullshit until Gabriel finally stopped him.
"All right, hey look, we're not gonna die! It's probably just a forest fire."
"That's bullshit" he looked over at me for a second.
"We gotta get going, bears out here can be crazy!" And a bunch of shit about bears.

"Okay stop talking about bears we need to get the crap out of here and get our asses back to camp"
And then we ran, again.
————————————————————————
When we got to camp it looked deserted, shit.
"Hello?!". "Hello!". "Where is everybody?". "Is anyone here?". We couldn't find anyone but we found a sign that read 'GONE DOWN MOUNTAIN-STRAGGLERS CALL 911'
"Well isn't that lovely?"
"Oh, they left us!" Yeah we all read the sign we know.
"Not all of them" Gabriel said pointing to someone on a bench.
"Nice spot!" I said smiling at him while running toward Conrad, what I didn't see was the small blush on his cheeks.
We all were running towards Conrad screaming his name only to get no response.
"Is he dead?" I was wondering the same thing Dariush.

"He's breathing, he must have slept through the evacuation."
"Okay, what kind of asshole sleeps through an evacuation?"
"No, what kinds of assholes let a person sleep through an evacuation?" That is when Zhen holds up a flask that says milk on it. I take it from her and take a gulp out of it and throw it away, wincing slightly from the burn. Everyone stared at me like I'm crazy.
"Jheez how do people get addicted to that stuff it's disgusting"
————————————————————————
Inside the dining area Gabriel was trying the phone and Alex the lights, while Zhen and I were packing up important things we can find.
"Line's dead" Gabriel announced.
"It's cause the powers out, you know what an EMP is?" Wow this kid is actually really smart.
"Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that music white people dance to." I snorted like a pig. After realizing what I did, I covered my face with my hands embarrassed. Luckily only Gabriel heard or paid attention to me because he smiled at me. "That's EDM dumbass"
"Yeah, EMP stands for electromagnetic pulse, a nuclear explosion in the upper atmosphere can cause one, and it knocks out most electronics over a really big area." He said holding out his phone.
"But what does it mean?"
"It means nothing works" oh no.

A/N
Like, comment and have a good day!