Chapter 27

~Preston's POV~

We rushed to the hospital, I was in the back with Mitch, my body pressed up against his. I let a tear fall down my face.

"It's okay baby girl." Mitch whispered into my ear.

~

"Are you here for Jerome?" A nurse said stepping in front of us.

"Yeah." Mitch said standing up.

"It seems he fell into a Coma, we don't know what hes going to wake up." She said.

"Can we see him?" Jason asked

"Sure, room 252." She said walking away. I let out a sob, it was my idea to play truth or dare, I slowly got up holding Mitch's hand. We made our way to 252

"Mitch i can't go in." I said as Lizzie and Jason went in

"Okay i'll ownly be a minuet." He said

"You can take all the time you need." I said hugging him.

"Thank you." He said letting a tear run down his face.

"I'll be here for you." I said.

He smiled as he walked inside. I leaned up against the wall and sat on the floor. I started to cry

"I did this." I whispered.

'Yes you did.' A voice in my head replied.

i sat up against the wall, as i thought how i ruined everything, how i should die, how i should never be seen by team crafted again. I am on the bridge of taking someones life, i got up from the floor and opened the door quietly. The room was filled with silence, There heads turned towards me then looked away, Mitch patted his lap. I shook my head and looked at Jerome. He was hooked up to many devices and wires. I let a tear roll down my face as i walked closer. I touched his for head.

"I wish it could be me." I whispered.

"This is how we were when you were in the hospital." Jason said. I turned around as i lost my ability to speak that was only so long ago.

"ill call Adam to pick me up." I said.

"Baby girl don't go." Mitch whispered grabbing my hand. I Knodded my head and leaned up against the wall. A nurse came in.

"I have some test results." She said

"Go on." Lizzie said

"Jerome only has a 15% of waking up." She said.

"What?" I asked tears spilling out of my eyes.

"Shh..." Mitch said putting his arm around my shoulders.

"I can't be strong anymore," I whispered.

The nurse walked out, as her head hung low. I walked after her.

"Wait!" I called out

"What?" She asked annoyed.

"There has to be something wrong, he hit his head in a pool, Tell me theres something wrong!" I said raising my voice.

"Theres no mix up he only has-"

"No need to tell me again." I said walking away.

I walked back into room 252.

"Lets go, visiting hours are almost over." Lizzie said.

"Lets go." I sighed.

"Preston can you drive for me?" She asked

"Yeah." I said she threw me the keys and that night i drove home, thinking about how it could be me, how it was all my fault.

~

Two Weeks Later

"Preston, can you come out already?" Mitch said from the other side of the door.

I didn't answer, i just stayed there letting tears fall from my eyes staring at the wall. I heard my door unlock and Mitch walked in.

"It's my fault, Jerome's going to die because of me. Why him, it could have been me." I said locking our eyes together.

"I'm afraid Preston, What have happened to you." He said lifting my chin up.

"Just go Mitch. I'm fine."

"Thats what you been saying for two weeks, 'i'm fine' over and over, there is something on you're mind.

"I wish it was me."