Chapter 2

Are you all liking this book? Or should I stop it?

Happy reading 👇

Nandini heard the sound of the door being opened. She rose her head only to find a familiar pair of eyes in front of her making her shock to her core.

"You!!!!" That's what she managed to utter.

"Yes, me. What were you thinking? Who has the courage to raise their eyes on you?" His eyes turned dark as these words escaped his lips. But the very next moment, his lips curved into a smirk. "I know you were not at all expecting me to be here. But what to do? I have so many scores to settle with you. So, I had to come back."

Till now Nandini was hearing his quietly. She was so shocked seeing him in front of her that she forgot what to say. But his last words broke her trance and she got more confused. "Which score you are talking about? What's there to settle, Manik?" She looked into his eyes trying to read them.

(Yes the person is none other than Manik.)

At first seeing Manik in front of her eyes after a long time, Nandini was surprised. She is seeing him after a long time. It took her a minute to believe that she she was seeing right, he was actually there in front of her. He was back and she was unaware of the reason.

Manik was Nandini's father's best friend's son. Manik and Nandini also used to be best of friends until they fell in love with each other. They used to love each other a lot. May be. Their family had decided to get them married after they complete their studies and settle down in their carrier.

Manik went to London for his MBA. It was his dream to be there. Then also everything was good between them. But everything changed when Nandini's parents died. They met with an accident making her life upside down. Manik's parents asked her through her uncle not to contact with them or Manik again. They are breaking their ties with her.

That time Nandini was totally drown in the sorrow after her parents departure that she didn't think of contacting them nor do they talk to her directly. Manik's parents were like her own parents. So, when they decided to break their relationship, it shattered her more. She could feel her whole world collapsing in front of her eyes and she could do nothing to save her paradise.

Manik has left for London 5 years back. Now he is back for reasons unknown to her. When he had gone, situations were different. Now everything is changed. That time Nandini used to love him like crazy and now she is someone else's fiancee. Everything is messed up. She is having a feeling that it will be more messed up in coming days.

"How are you, Nandi?" Manik asked breaking her chain of thoughts. Nandini remembered their moments when he used to call her 'NANDI' lovingly. She looked at Manik with love for a second but she hid it immediately.

Manik also saw the glimpse of love in her eyes but he ignored that. He clinched his fist tightly that his knuckles turned white.

Nandini gulped down her saliva wetting her throat and inhaled a long breath. Then looked at Manik's face. "What's this, Manik? Why have you brought me here and what are you talking about?" She asked faking anger. She knew whatever the situation is she can never be angry on Manik.

"Why are you in so much hurry? Just relax. You will get to know everything soon. Just wait. We have enough time to talk about all this." Manik said smirking at her.

"Leave me Manik. If I don't go back home, everyone will be tensed for me. They don't know where I am, what I am doing. I can't just disappear like this. I have a family." Nandini pleaded to Manik.