Chapter 8

Here is the new part. Hope you all will like it.

Happy reading
👇

"I don't want to eat. Take away all this." Nandini said pushing the plate away.

"Nandini, don't act stubborn. You are very weak. If you won't eat, then it will cause problem again." He tried to make her understand calmly.

Nandini threw away the plate from Manik's hand. "Stop trying to control me always. I said I am not feeling like eating." She shouted angrily.

Before she could say anything further, Manik slapped her with all his strength. Then he held her shoulder tightly.

"Everything has a limit. You have problem with me. Then why did you throw the food? And why did you try to harm yourself? When will you learn to understand your own good, Nandini? What would have happened, if something wrong had happened to you? Did you ever think of it?" Manik muttered angrily.

Nandini could see some pain in his eyes. But she chose to ignore that. Right now she was not in a position to see anyone's grief when she herself is at some uncertainty.

"Why do you care so much, if I am hurt or not? It shouldn't bother you. You hate me, you wanted to hurt me only. You said you are here to give me pain. So what if I harmed myself? It's good to die at once than bearing the pain everyday. I hate you.

You asked why I did it? I did it to be free from you. I can't bear you anymore around me. I feel disgusted when you touch me. I don't want to think of my own good. I will do something, if you again try to come close to me. I hate you. I Just hate you." Nandini turned her face away from Manik.

Manik also became angry. He left from there without saying anything to Nandini. After Manik left Nandini cried for a long time hiding her face between her knees.

Manik was standing behind the door watching Nandini. He was feeling bad seeing her like this but he couldn't do anything.

Manik's pov
Nandini, you have forgotten me or you have forgotten to read my eyes? You just saw me to give you pain but you didn't see, I also feel the same pain whenever I try to give you pain. It hurts me thousands time more to know the fact that I am the reason behind your tears. It's no less than death to me. But you didn't leave me with any other choices.

You have no idea what I went through when I saw you in the pool of blood. You don't know I died thousand deaths seeing you in the hospital bed with all those drips and wires attached to your body. Those few hours, when you were unconscious were like decades to me. I can't tell you how I passed those seconds there in the hospital. I wish you knew, Nandini.

You don't know the pain of hearing the word 'hate' from the person you love the most. You never knew nor you will know. It breaks the heart in million of pieces not to be joined again. If you had known the pain, then you wouldn't have left me ever. You didn't think of it ever. You couldn't give me so much pain.

Why, Nandini? Why? What did I ever do to go through it. I didn't deserve that, Nandini.
end of Manik's pov

At night Manik gave Nandini food and left from the room. He didn't return to room again to check her.

Next morning Nandini's sleep broke hearing Manik's voice.

"Go and fresh up. I am bringing breakfast then get ready." Manik said with a straight face. His face was devoid of any kind of emotion. He avoided looking at her.

"Why will I get ready? Where will we go?" Nandini asked being confused.

"I am going to drop you to your place." Manik replied in the same tone. He was looking out through the window.

Nandini wasn't expecting the answer from him. She looked at him with a shocked expression and tried to read his expression but it didn't help. She tried to look into Manik's eyes this time but he was looking somewhere else. She found them to be blood red. She could easily guess he had not slept whole night. She also knew that he had cried. But she ignored that.

"I am really going back home?" She asked in disbelief. She could not believe, if she heard right or not. Because till last night, he was not ready to let her go.

"Hmm. Get ready after having breakfast. Your driver is waiting for you." Manik was about to leave but stopped and turned towards her. "I have a small request. Don't take any action against your driver. He wasn't at fault nor he had any bad intention. What he had done was for your good only. You will get to know that soon. Hear me one last time please." He said in a low voice, then he left from there.

Nandini kept looking at his departing figure for some time. She again failed to understand his behavior. He has been unpredictable all his life but it's the first time when she found all his actions not matching to his words. She spent some more time thinking of Manik.

Later she let out a breath and tried not to think of him any longer with a hope that they won't cross each other's paths again after today. Then she got down from the bed and went to freshen up.

Nandini was really happy that she is finally going back to home but Manik was feeling that one very important part of him is going away from him. Once again.... Nandini was close to him for a few days only but now again she is going away. He can't describe what he was going through.

Though Nandini was happy but she was not feeling well. She is not completely out of fever. Also she is still weak. Then too she completed all the chorus and got ready as fast as she could. She wanted to move out of here as soon as possible. She wasn't ready to spend any extra second here. In half an hour, she was all ready to go home.

Nandini sat in the car and Manik kept looking at her going away from him. When the car went out his sight a tear drop fell down from his eyes which he was holding back. But he wiped that immediately.

A lot of work is still incomplete. . . . .

After sometime Manik also left for Mumbai. He has some incomplete work there. Now it's the time to complete them. There is a lot of things which needs to come close at this point. He gathered himself back before leaving the place. Because he is gonna do next is not easy at all. He needed to be strong to reach his goal and in this game, he can't afford to loose anyway. He has to be the winner.

On the other side, Nandini took a deep breath when she sat in the car. She was feeling light after so long. She felt like she is out of some prison which was suffocating her. Now she is free from the clutches of Manik. At least, that's what she felt like. Somewhere the feelings had started growing again in her heart which she needed to stop. That's why it was necessary for her to go away from Manik.

She knew she couldn't hide those feelings with the hate mask, if she had to be there for few more days. She would have got involved with Manik once again only to get hurt at the end. She couldn't afford that once again. So, she had to leave him to never come back.

She decided to take revenge from Manik, if they again come face to face. She didn't want to think of him anymore. But she decided to think of this matter after she reached home safely. There is something which she needs to find out. He can't go away like this after doing so much with her.

Precap: Shock!!!

Sorry for the short part. But next part is going to be a long one.

Till then do vote and comment on this part.

Now Nandini is out of Manik's clutch, what do you think she will do?

What's Manik gonna do now and what's his incomplete work?

Do share what you feel about the book.

Thanks to  Khizra_creationz  for the amazing cover ❤
Bye...