Chapter 16

Nandini had a bitter conversation with Rockey about Aryaman. He had denied marrying her whereas he told something else to her. It angered Nandini. She took decision to fire Aryaman from her company and informed Manik about the same who too supported her.

Next morning Nandini came to office at the right time. That time Manik was not there. Nandini became a little surprised as all these days he was the first one to come to office among them. But today he was not there yet. She thought maybe he is busy in some other works. After all he has to look after his own company as well.

Nandini asked her PA to prepare the resignation letter of Aryaman fast. She brought that after a few minutes. Then Nandini called Aryaman in her cabin immediately.

"Have a seat, Mr Khurana. We need to talk something important." Nandini uttered in a total formal tone. She didn't sound anywhere familiar to him.

Aryaman's was a little surprised with her behaviour but he sat on one of the chairs in front of Nandini. He didn't argue with her.

"Nandini, you called me like this in the morning. Is everything okay? Then you asked me to come to your cabin as soon as possible that to this early morning. Do you have any work?" He tried to sound casual ignoring her behavior.

Nandini had a formal smile on her face. She did not want to make the matter more complex so she thought of taking it slow.

"Of course, I have work. That too really important. At first, it's madam for you not Nandini. I am your boss here."

She looked directly into his eyes while talking.

Aryaman was taken aback with her changed behavior. "What happened, Nandini? Why are you talking like this?" He kept his cool and asked calmly.

Nandini's look got stern. "I told you already that it's not Nandini for you anymore but madam. You should know I don't like repeating my words. Now let's come to the point. I don't like beating around the bush. I heard that you are not ready to marry me?" She raised her eyebrows looking at him at the end.

Aryaman was shocked. He stared at her face for good few minutes before trying to say something. But he failed to form a proper wordings. "No... Actually..."

"Can't find what to say? Then let me do the honor. You thought Nandini doesn't have any property now, then what's the need of getting married to her? I won't get anything marrying her. Am I right or am I right, Mr Khurana?

You wanted to marry me only for my properties. But now when I don't have any properties left with me, then why will you marry me? So, stop your this drama. I should have realized your double game beforehand." Nandini muttered angrily. It's not she loved him that's why she is hurt, the thing is she trusted him and he broke it. That's what hurt her.

Aryaman nodded his head and was trying to speak something in his favor. "No, actually... Nan... Nandini...."

Nandini stopped him showing her palm. "Stop stammering. Your resignation letter is ready. Take it and leave from this office and my life right now. And don't you dare to come in front of me ever again. I don't want to see your face. This is the last time I am seeing you. Get out from here. Right now."