Chapter 22

Nandini had a conversation with Vishakha about Manik and their relationship. Vishakha was trying to make Nandini understand that she should take the initiative to save their relationship instead of thinking of divorce. At the beginning, Nandini was hesitating. Later she had to accept that she still have feelings for Manik. They decided to visit Manik and his family the next day. If it can't save their marriage, then at least to thank him for whatever he did for her.

Next day Nandini and Vishakha got ready to go to Manik's place. After a long time today Nandini wore red because Manik loves to see her in red. She did a little make up as well. Form last 5 years, she didn't even care how is she looking or about her get up. But today she wanted to look good. So, she took good some time to prepare herself.

Seeing Nandini in Malhotra house, Suyyash and Kishwar became a little surprised. They didn't imagine that Nandini will come to their home after this long time. Nandini came there after 5 years. After her break up with Manik, Nandini didn't come to Manik's place or she didn't try to contact with his parents or him.

Manik's parents used to love Nandini like their own daughter. They used to pamper Nandini a lot. Nandini was also really close to them. She used to come here regularly to meet Manik or some other reason. But now everything has changed. They were so close by now it feels like they are some stranger.

Nandini has so many memories in every corner of this house. As soon as she stepped inside, her gaze roamed around the whole place and the memories started flashing in front of her eyes. Before she used to run around the whole place and their was no hesitation that time.  But now she is feeling uneasy in just sitting in the drawing room only.

It's true that time changes everything.

Nandini has so many memories with Manik in this house. They spend their childhood together, then their friendship after that their love story. This house has seen everything of them. Nandini was remembering all the memories of their happy time.

Nandini's thought broke when she heard Kishwar asking her, "How are you now, Nandini? I know a lot of thing has happened with you. You have faced some really harass reality of your life but you need to be strong. I know you can handle everything."

Nandini kept looking at Kishwar's face. She used to call Nandini 'Nanhi' but today she called her 'Nandini'. She also used to call her 'Kish ma'. With time it has also changed. Nandini didn't reply anything. She just kept looking at her with teary eyes.

Vishakha looked at Nandini and she could understand what must be feeling. So, she came ahead to cover her up. "Kishwar, where is Manik? Isn't he at home?"

Hearing that Kishwar and Suyyash looked at each other. Nandini was getting scared. She was just hoping that Manik is still here.

"Manik has left..."

"Manik left!!!" Till now Nandini was sitting but hearing that Manik is left, she stood up with a jerk.

"Yes, he left. He was supposed to go back only. But don't worry. You will get your divorce though it will take a little time. Manik has left so we have to send the papers to him first, then he will sign them. After that you will get the papers. From now on my son won't ever interfere in your life. He has given you what you wanted. But now after 5 years, why do you want to talk to Manik? Now what more do you want from him?"

Kishwar's voice was showing anger. She knew what Nandini must be going through. But she is a mother, how can she forget what his son had to go through because of this girl.

Nandini didn't like hearing these words form Kishwar. As she has the habit of taking her love and care not this strict behavior. It was difficult for her. "Why is Kish ma saying like this? Is she thinking that I am selfish? I only use Manik and I am the one to be blamed for everything? Doesn't she know me?" Nandini thought in mind and composed herself.

"Kish ma, I have not come here to take anything from Manik. What can I ask more from him? He has already done so much for me." She said trying to smile. She turned towards Vishakha and told her, "They are thinking I am selfish. I used Manik. It's not like that. I am not that bad."

"You are good or bad, we have left thinking that 5 years back. Tell me one thing Nandini, why did you give so much pain to my son? He was no where at fault. You both got into relationship mutually. Then why did you leave him without asking him or giving any proper explanation? We had also loved you like our own daughter. You were not supposed to return our love like that. Do you?" Kishwar looked into her eyes.

Nandini was surprised with her words. She is speaking opposite of what had happened. "What are you saying, Kish maa? I had left Manik? I..."

"You didn't leave Manik? Didn't you ask Rockey to tell us that you don't want to keep any contact with us? You had told him to tell us that we should not try to contact with you ever again." Kishwar uttered ferociously. 

Suyyash spoke this time. "After Ritik and Shivanya's death, he had come to meet us. He said you don't want to keep any tie with us. It was only Ritik who wanted your and Manik's relation. You had also sent text to Manik that you don't want to be with him because you love someone else. Then you changed your phone number also so that we can't reach you or contact with you."

Hearing this Nandini and Vishakha looked at each other. They were not understanding what are they saying. Because they know something else which is totally different from what they are saying.

"What are you saying? It was you who didn't want to keep any relation with Nandini and us. It was you who had asked Rocky to tell Nandini that she shouldn't contact with Manik anymore. You don't want an orphan to be Manik's wife. Manik has gone London for his further studies. He has a future and if he keeps contact with Nandini, then he won't be able to concentrate on his studies. You had said all this."

Vishakha came out of shock first and asked them whereas Nandini was still in trance.

This time it was Kishwar and Suyyash's turn to be surprised and shocked. They also looked at each other. Telling someone like this about Nandini is a far thing, they never thought all this. She is no less than their own daughter. They have always wanted only Nandini to be Manik's wife.

"What are you saying, Vishakha? Are your out of your mind? Why will we say all this? That too about Nandini! We can't even think of this. We didn't come forward because Nandini didn't want to keep this relation. You can't even Manik's condition. He was broken completely. With a lot of difficulty, we brought him back." Suyyash replied and looked at them on confusion.

Nandini was more confused hearing them. "But papa I had lost my phone in college and I had informed Manik about that. That's why I was not able to contact with you all. That time uncle was also out of town, so I was not able to buy a new one. But when he came back, he told that he met you and you said you don't want to keep any relation with me. You don't want me to be in Manik's life."

Precap: Who broke the relation?

That's it for today. So much drama, isn't it?

What do you think who is behind all this?

Manik has gone. What will happen now?

Will Manik and Nandini be able come together again?

Do share your favorite moment of this part and please vote and comment.

Bye

28.02.2021