Chapter 21

Hello, guys, how are you all doing? Did you all look at my new book? A Journey from Rejection to Forever? If you haven't, then have a look.

Do follow me on Insta. theshimmery_star is my username.

👇🏻

It took Nandini a week to make herself steady and get back to her normal life. But the effect of the happening is never gone. To cope up with the situation, she tried to keep herself busy so that all these thoughts never run in her mind.

Vishakha thought to talk to Nandini about Manik and her. When Vishakha went to her room, that time Nandini was reading some book.

"Nandini, are you busy? Should I come later?"

Nandini got up seeing her and smiled a little. "You don't need to knock to come into my room. You can come anytime. Is everything okay? You could have called me." She kept the book aside.

"Are you okay?" Vishakha asked while sitting beside Nandini.

Nandini passed a smile to her holding her hands in between hers. "I will be okay. I am trying. May be it will take a little time but I have to be fine."

"Okay. I want to talk to you about something important." She became serious.

Nandini turned towards Vishakha completely. "Say."

"Nandini, what about decide about you and Manik? Do you really want divorce him? Are you sure you want to end your marriage even though it happened in a different circumstance?"

Nandini let out a sigh. "A lot of things has happened in my life already which I never wanted to happen. Still they happened. Then? It's not important anymore what I want and what I don't."

"Don't try to change the topic, Nandini. Answer me what I have asked you."

"I am not changing the topic, aunty. I am just saying I don't want anything in my life. Already I have gone through a lot and I don't have the courage to ask for anything in my life."

Vishakha looked at her caressing her face. "Nandini, don't you have any feelings for Manik? Don't you love him?"

Nandini looked at her with eyes and then looked down. "Why are you talking about all this? Now there is no point bringing this topic. Manik has already said that, he will give me divorce. Then what's left to talk?"

"We have to talk, Nandini. It's your life not some game. You love him and it's in your eyes. So what if Manik has said about divorce, it doesn't end the marriage. You both didn't have any proper closure. You have to start it again and this time with a good note. Manik also loves you, Nandini. Didn't you see that in his eyes when he was talking to you?"

"Nothing depends on my wish and Manik doesn't love me anymore. Our love story has ended 5 years back when he had left me without giving any explanation. That time I needed him the most. Still he left. When there is no love between us, then there's no point in keeping this marriage. Also Manik deserves someone who will match up to his status that's what he had said." Nandini let out a sad chuckle.

"Think carefully, Nandini. If he doesn't love you, then why did he do so much for you? Why did he put his life in danger to protect you? Why did he stand by you when you both don't have any kind of relation now? Didn't you see his eyes when he was asking you to marry Aryaman? When he was going away from you?" Vishakha told all this.

Nandini also remembered his looks but she was adamant to believe because Manik didn't try to stop her even for once. "Aunty, he did all this to keep his promise that he gave you. He did this because he felt pity on me" Nandini told this but it more like she was trying to convince herself than Vishakha.

"He himself told me that he hates me know. And have you forgotten aunty, what he did 5 years back? He ended our relationship without saying me anything. If he had loved me, then why did he leave me? Why he didn't come back in my life? Does he know how many nights I have not slept thinking about him? Crying for him? Why did he give me so much pain? When he came back, now also he is giving me pain." 

"You also didn't ask him, why did he end everything? Did you ever ask him all these? In last few days, when you were with him, you could have asked him. You knew that Manik gets angry whenever you talk about Aryaman. Still you used to do that. Why didn't you ask him, what had happened that he did break up with you 5 years back?"

"Why will I ask him? He didn't want to keep this relation, that's why he left." Nandini muttered angrily.

Vishakha sighed in disbelief. "Because of this ego of you two, your relationship had ended. He didn't tell anything then why will I ask... Unbelievable!!! You both have got married, though it was the need of the situation. But you both can fix your relation."

"Everything won't fall on its place, if I want only. It was him who left, it was him who planned the marriage and it's again him who has got ready for divorce. Did he ask my opinion in anything?"

"Okay. Tell me one thing truly, have you forgotten him or will you be able to forget him ever? Swear on God that you don't love Manik anymore? You don't have any feelings for him?" Till now Nandini was looking at Vishakha but hearing her she turned her gaze down. "Why are you stealing you gaze? Tell the truth, Nandini."

Nandini hugged her and started sobbing. "I can't. I can't. I love Manik. I love him very much. I still have the same feelings for him but that's hidden in one corner in my heart. But the situations are not able. 5 years has passed from our life. A lot of things has changed. I don't know, if he still has some feelings for me or not. But I know that he hates me very much for some reason."

"Then try to find the reason. Share your feelings with him. Tell him that you still love him." Vishakha patted her back.

Nandini broke the hug and looked at her being unsure. "Will Manik understand my feeling?"

"He has to or you have to force him to hear you. You have right on him. You are his legally wedded wife. Don't be late. Manik is about to go back to London again. Don't let him go away from you all over again. It's your last chance to mend your relation."

"Okay. I will go to Manik. If not for being with him then to say a thanks to him. He at least deserves a thanks from me."

"Fine, then we are going to meet Manik tomorrow."

Nandini just nodded her head. Then Vishakha left. Nandini lied down again.

Nandini's pov
Till now I was denying that I still love Manik. But I can't run away anymore form the truth that I love him. I don't know why do you hate me so much Manik. But this time I am not going to give up. I will know the reason and you are going to tell me....

Daddy, mumma please be with me. Tomorrow is a big day. I have lost a lot of people in my life. I don't want to loose Manik too.
end of Nandini's pov

Precap: Something is still unknown....

So, it was Nandini's side's story. What do you think who is at fault Manik or Nandini?

There is still something unknown, what is that?

Did you like Vishakha? One word for her.

Finally Nandini is going to meet Manik, will they be together now? Or Manik is already gone?

Do share your most favorite moment of this part...

06.02.2021