Chapter 20

Manik was about to leave after all the drama at Nandini's place but thinking something he stopped on his way and came back to Nandini again. This time a hope raised in Nandini's heart that may be he will ask her to stay back. May be there is still a chance for them. She was looking at Manik with hopeful eyes.

"Nandini, I know I have already troubled you a lot. I did something which I was not supposed to and you were about to lose your life because of me. I never wanted to come back to your life because you don't want me. But trust me, I didn't have any other option. If I wanted to save you, then I had to come back. I promise I won't cause any problem in your life ever again.

You had asked for divorce, it will also happen soon. So, after our divorce, if you want, you can marry Aryaman. He won't betray you, I can assure you that. He is a nice guy. He agreed to your uncle because he was in need of money to save his father. He loves you truly. You also love him. (While saying this he choked a little but he controlled himself. It was paining him to say this to the person he loves.) If we love someone from heart truly, then we can do anything for him and you just need to forgive him once.

Aryaman really needs the job. Return him the job. Take care. I am going," Manik then left with others.

Only Nisha and Vishakha were there with Nandini. She heard every words of Manik quietly, not for once she interrupted him. Actually she was in a trance when she saw him leaving once again. No word came out from her lips. She was too numb to react or say anything. It was like she was in some trance.

What she should say?

Is there anything for her to reply???

Manik took all the decisions of her life.

Their lives.......

Not only now but also 5 years back too. Because of his one decision, they are standing at this point of life. They fell apart due to his one decision. Now when they are supposed to be together, there was a chance for them when she thought now Manik will ask her to come back, then also he left. Making the decisions what she should do in her life in future.

How can he do this all the time???

Why???

Whenever he wants he enters her life, whenever he feels like he leaves.

Nisha and Vishakha left Nandini to her room. Nandini asked them to leave the room so that she can lock the room saying she needs some rest.

"Why will you lock the room? There is no need of locking it." Vishakha told her because she was afraid that Nandini might do something in anger. Her mental state is not also good at this moment. She didn't want to take the risk.

Nandini forced a smile on her face. "Don't worry aunty. I won't do anything wrong. I just want to be alone for some time. I need it to calm myself. Don't worry, I won't take any step, you are thinking about." She assured them. Then they left the room.

Nandini locked the door and then lied down on the bed turning off the lights. Today's events were too much for her. Also very much difficult for her to believe. All this felt like a nightmare to her. The person whom she trusted the most, didn't want her good. But whom she misunderstood, they saved her. They proved her wrong. She realized how wrong she was in judging people.

"I have lost. I have made the mistake of trusting people blindly once again. I couldn't recognize who is my well-wisher and who is not. All this kept happening in front of me and I was so blind by their fake love and affection that I could not see anything beyond them. They not only played with my emotions but also broke my trust. All this was a game for them." These thoughts were roaming in her mind continuously. She was not able to get them out of her mind.