chapter eleven

In Physics class, Emma sat next to Peter, writing notes in her notebook with Allie sitting on the other side of her. Ms. Warren was at the front of the classroom, gesturing to the board which the class was supposed to take notes of;

"Okay, so how do we calculate linear acceleration between points A and B?" she asked, turning to the class. She pointed at Flash, who confidently held up his hand. "Flash."

"It's the product of sine of the angle and gravity divided by the mass," Flash said.

Emma snickered to herself, shaking her head as Peter glanced over at her, slightly smiling before turning back to his computer.

"Nope," Ms. Warren said before she placed her eyes on a student who was clearly having difficulty focusing on the lecture, "Peter—" Peter quickly straightened up, staring at his teacher as Emma slowly looked over at him, staring at him oddly. "You still with us?"

"Uh, uh, yeah, yeah," Peter murmured before he closed his laptop that was playing a YouTube video of Spider-Man. He placed his eyes on a diagram of a simple gravity pendulum. "Uh... Mass cancels out, so it's just gravity times sine."

"Right," Ms. Warren said before looking at Flash, "See, Flash, being the fastest isn't always the best if you are wrong."

The class burst out into laughter as Flash slowly turned back to Peter, glaring at him. "You're dead," he whispered and Emma's chuckling dropped, staring at Flash suddenly irritated. Allie glanced over to him from the board, a glint of something suddenly flashing in her eyes.

"Flash..." Emma said and the boy looked at her, "Turn around. You should pay attention if you wanna stop getting the questions wrong. You do wanna pass... right?"

Flash glared at her, about to open his mouth to say something when he spotted Allie glaring at him. "Turn...around," she whispered, and something about her scared Flash. So he turned around and faced the board.

Peter lightly smiled to himself before he glanced back at the clock to see it was 9:45 AM.

When Peter faced forward again, he was in APPL Chemistry, with safety goggles over his eyes. Emma sat next to him again with Allie next to her, the two girls paying attention to what their teacher, Mr. Cobbwell was saying;

"Today, we'll be talking about Danish physicist Niels Bohr, but trust me, there is nothing Bohr-ing about his discoveries regarding quantum theory..."

Allie cringed up, shaking her head before she opened up her notebook.

As Mr. Cobbwell continued his introduction on Niels Bohr, Peter made sure Emma wasn't looking before he opened his notes to a page titled Web Fluid Version 3.01. There were molecule diagrams and a list of liquids such as salicylic acid, toluene, and methanol written on the page.

He then opened a nearby drawer where a beaker was hidden. He quickly and surreptitiously poured orange liquid into it and stirred the concoction. It began to increase in volume which ran over the beaker walls.

When Peter lifted the glass stirring rod, the compound stuck to it like a spiderweb. He felt Emma slightly move next to him, so quickly, he shut the drawer and looked at her. She had only readjusted herself in her seat, which had lowered his panic immensely. He sighed before glancing back at the clock to see it was 10:30 AM.

At lunch, Peter and Ned sat together when Emma and Allie walked in together. Peter had his eyes suddenly glued to Emma as the girls passed Liz Allan and Betty Brant, who were trying to hang up a Homecoming poster. But the senior had stopped Emma, asking her for help.