Chapter 15

"This is the girl correct?" Pain asked standing before the comatosed fall maiden. "Her souls has been violently ripped, at least if her aura is any indication. Reviving her may be possible, but I as of this moment I don't believe I have the chakra necessary for a full revival. Not without endangering my own life at least." Pain explained to Ozpin and Glynda as he looked over the dark skinned girl.

Ozpin hummed lightly. "And how much of this chakra would you need, is there any way of gaining more?"

Pain turned and began walking back towards the elevator with the two professors following him. "Much like aura, chakra can only be gained through intensive physical training. To reach the levels I would need to safely revive you maiden I would need to effectively increase my current chakra reserves by nearly fifty percent which could take years to accomplish. My current chakra reserves are the third highest out of the Akatsuki members, hopefully that shows just how much chakra this will take." He explained as the three entered the elevator and began rising towards the headmasters office.

"Unfortunately we don't have that kind of time." Ozpin spoke in a grim tone.

"Indeed, though I believe there is another way." Pain spoke again earning the professors attention again. "I may not be able to increase my reserves in time, but I may be able to increase the potency of the chakra I do have. It won't be easy as I have nobody to teach me, but I've witness two separate people do it and have felt the energy first hand."

"What do you have in mind?" Glynda asked not liking his vagueness.

"Call Kisame, I'll need his help. Tell him to bring his sword, I need to become a sage."

With Obito

"Hey Blake."

Blake let out a tired sigh and let her head fall and hit the roof she laid on. "Yes Tobi?"

There was a sound of glass touching down on the roof as well as the distinct smell of grilled salmon suddenly in the air. "Want some food?"

Blake turned to the masked boy and was surprised to find that he had a plate of dumplings in his hand and a plate of grilled fish sitting before him. "Wait, where did- how di- when?" Blake couldn't help but look around not understanding where the food came from or when Tobi had time to get it. The two had been silently sitting on the roof of the building for over three hours and never once did she ever notice him leave.

"Ummmmmm these dumplings are amazing! So sweet." Tobi moaned having taken a bite when Blake wasn't looking.

Blake was quiet for a few seconds before her stomach growled. "On second thought, I don't care where you got it." Blake picked up the fish and began tearing into it.

"Hey, look at that!" Tobi shouted pointing into the air. Blake looked up while finishing off her fish and watched as a VTOL flew over the roof they laid on and landed on the docks before White Fang grunts began unloading. "Are those the guys Blakey?" Tobi asked his frowning friend.

Blake let out a sad sigh. "Yeah, that's them. It didn't want to believe it... wait whose that?" The two looked closer and saw another person coming down the ramp of the VTOL. "Torchwick. Tobi stay here, this might get dangerous." Blake growled before jumping down and running towards the scene leave Tobi alone on the roof.

Standing Tobi watched his newest friend run between the cargo crates. "So impulsive and determined, and yet cares about others. I think I like this one Kakashi." He muttered to himself as his sharingan flared and his voice returned to normal. "I think I'll keep an eye on her for awhile."

With Itachi

"Are we sure it was okay to just leave Ruby behind like that?" Itachi asked Yang as he and Weiss followed behind. Only moments before they had been searching as a group when Penny and Sasori had shown up, apparently Penny wanted to do some more exploring and Sasori had opted to join her, unsurprising as the puppetmaster had scarcely let the girl out of his sight since their incident a few days back. It was clear that there was still quite a bit of tension between the two halves of his team, further proof of his failure.