Chapter 14

I opened my eyes to see nothing but white. And hearing nothing but beeping and the soft snores of someone to my right.

I turned my head to see the mop of ginger hair. A small smile crept onto my lips. He had fallen asleep with my hand in his. I gave it a light squeeze, waking him up.

His head shot up and his eyes were wide.

"You're awake," he said as he moved and pressed a kiss to my lips.

I nodded, worried. What was he going to say? I was pregnant.

"What happened?" I asked, worried.

"Someone heard you scream and called 911," he told me. "You were brought in and went straight into surgery. You had an ectopic pregnancy and your fallopian tube ruptured. You lost a lot of blood."

I nodded, looking anywhere but at him.

"Holly, look at me," he told me, grasping my chin between his forefinger and thumb, getting me to look at him. "What's wrong, Love?"

A tear fell from my eye and he quickly wiped it away.

"I found out I was pregnant," I answered. "I was scared to tell you. I didn't know how you would react. You're in the height of your career and a baby would have held you back."

"Holly, don't ever be afraid to tell me anything," he whispered, resting his hand on my cheek. "I wouldn't have gotten mad. I would have been jumping for joy. And maybe, when you're feeling better and healed, we can try for one?"

I was stunned. He wanted to. And his eyes told me what he was saying was true. I had always been good at reading people.

"I would love that, Alan," I responded with a smile. I finally got a look around, seeing we were the only ones in the room. "Where are the others?"

Alan blushed redder than his hair. He chuckled nervously before he looked back at me.

"I kinda lied and said you were my fiancee," he explained, his blush deepening.

I laughed a little, the anesthetic I was given still kind of numbing my incision. I was happy with where I was at in life. Even if I'm laying in a hospital bed at the moment.