Chapter 6

I sighed as I rested back on a chair backstage. I was wiped out.

"Here, Holly."

I opened my eyes to see Ivan holding a cold bottle of water to me. I took it gratefully and opened it, letting the cold water slide down my dry throat.

"How are you enjoying Of Mice & Men?" he asked me as he kneeled beside me.

I grinned as I sat up straight, "Well, the first venue, after I finished setting up the drums, I kinda forgot that I wasn't Jer's tech anymore so I started playing Vengeance Falls," I explained, laughing. "They actually loved it. I'm sure Jer showed you the video clip that Austin put on Instagram and Twitter."

He laughed, "He did, actually," he told me. "So, listen, since it's your twenty first birthday tomorrow, and we play today, will you sing with me onstage?"

"You want me to sing with you?" I asked him, shocked and he nodded. "What song?"

"I was thinking your favorite song," he told me with a grin.

"Hard to See?" I asked, shocked.

He nodded, the grin still on his face. I squealed and practically tackled him in a hug. Which made him laugh.

"I'll call you out when you're up," he told me as he stood, picking me up with him.

But, I wouldn't let go of him. He had to pry me off him so he could head out with the rest of his band.

I waited sidestage for him to call me out when I heard someone stand next to me, "Excited?"

I looked over to see Alan standing there. I nodded with a grin, "Very much so," I told him. "So, what brings you over to Death Punch's set?"

"What? I can't talk to a gorgeous woman at a festival?" He asked, feigning hurt.

I laughed as I straightened my shorts.

They were a faded pair of Daisy Dukes that Callie had given me a few years ago. I loved them. I adjusted my shirt, a black tank top that had Hellyeah on the front and the back was practically ripped to shreds.

My back tattoo was easily seen. Well, where the wings look like they're coming out of my skin and the dermals accenting them.

"I ain't gorgeous, Alan," I said, my face being painted red. "I'm anything but."

"Listen," he told me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. "You're gorgeous and don't let anyone tell you any differently."

My blush darkened as I could feel his breath ticking my neck. And I was sure Jeremy saw it too. I was feeling content with the situation but it had to end. Even if I didn't it want to.

Since they finished the next to last song for their set.

"Alright, guys, since tomorrow is Holly's birthday, I want her to come out here to help us with this next song," Ivan told the crowd, who cheered.

I honestly don't know why I got that response. But, I headed out to where Ivan was standing with a grin plastered on his face.

"You ready, Squirt?" he asked me.

I nodded and he handed me the mic. He took a step back to stand by the drum kit. I grinned as they started my favorite song by them. Ivan would use Jason's mic when he needed to add in the background vocals.

"I'm growing so distant

nothing makes sense to me anymore

I'm learning to resist

becoming more than you ever were

Can't explain,

whats come over me (come over me)

Can't explain,

why its so hard for me, so hard to see your side.

Projecting all my anger

I can't seem to get this through to you

The walls are closing in

I dare you to walk in my shoes

Can't explain,

whats come over me (come over me)

Can't explain,

why its so hard for me, so hard to see your side.

YOUR SIDE

I WON'T SEE YOUR SIDE

Can't explain,

whats come over me (come over me)

Can't explain,

why its so hard for me, so hard to see your side.

Can't explain,

whats come over me (come over me)

Can't explain,

why its so hard for me, so hard to see your side.

I WON'T SEE YOUR SIDE

your side..."

I grinned as I finished the song. It was my absolute favorite that they did. I don't know why, though.

I put the mic back on the Alchemy Gothic stand they had and made my way off the stage.

I always was running around the stage when I did just vocals. No doubt I couldn't stay in one spot for too long while singing. Or screaming.

I was picked up by an excited Alan, who had been joined by Aaron. Seeing as Austin was checking out one of the other bands.

"You did amazing, Holly," Aaron told me with a grin as Alan set me back on my feet.

"Thanks, Aaron," I said with a smile. "And, Alan, you finally saw me sing in front of a crowd other than you all."

He grinned at me and nodded before he pressed a kiss to my forehead. Someone clearing their throat caused us to jump.

We looked to who it was to see Jeremy standing there with a grin on his face. I grinned as I pulled away from Alan and ran into his outstretched arms. He picked me up and spun me around. Like he always did.

"You were amazing, baby girl," he told me with his contagious grin.

"Jer, you sound like a proud father," I told him, chuckling.

"In a way, I am," he said before Jason ran up and snatched me from my cousin's grasp.

He tossed me over his shoulder and spun in a circle. His usual congratulations for me when I sing onstage with them.

"Jason! Jason! Put me down now!" I exclaimed, grabbing onto the back of his sweaty jersey.

He laughed and shook his head. And just kept spinning me around.

"Jason, put the poor girl down," Zoltan said as he walked up, laughing as he did so. "I don't want my sparring partner to be hurt."

Jason grunted and put me back on my feet. Only to be picked up by someone else. I screamed until I heard that familiar laugh.

"Austin! Put me the fuck down!" I exclaimed, pounding on his back. "I mean it!"

He did so, holding his hands up in surrender.

"I'm gonna go see if I can find Jamey!" I told them, grinning at Austin to show him I wasn't mad at him.

I grabbed Alan's hand and dragged him behind me. I was excited to see him again. Yeah, yeah. He became a friend when Hatebreed was the headliner of a tour that Death Punch supported.

All the time that I was dragging Alan behind me, he was laughing. I was glad Jeremy wasn't chasing him off.