Chapter 17~ Cold Blood

Sasuke's Pov~

I blink in surprise. I just saw my death.

I look at Sakura and Ookami. Sakura was sitting down beside me as tears slid down her face, but Ookami was still standing. We all saw how we was to die, but Ookami was strong enough to stay standing.

Ookami was shaking slightly and her hands was clinched in tight fists. Blood trickle from her palms.

Everyone was frozen with shock. What was this person before us? What monster is this Grass ninja?

"How pitiful, I thought this would be more entertaining." The ninja hisses and looks at Ookami. "How is it that your still standing? You can die first, actually I'd like to kill your friends infront of you.

Watch you squirm even though you can't move to save them."

The grass ninja pulls out two kunais. My shaking hands move slowly to grab mine. It was soo hard to move.

Move..move.

I finally grab the kunai and the Grass ninja chuckled. "Another high spiritual ninja. I'm surprised there are two strong ones in the same group."

I can't move fast enough to dodge the kunais, and if I don't then we're dead.

She stretches her arm back and throws the kunais.

I move my hand up and brings it down into my leg. The pain brought me out of my frozen shock and I quickly activate Sharingan.

I dash to Ookami and Sakura, pulling them with me as I rush away from the evil ninja.

Ookami's Pov~

I look around to notice that we was standing on a large tree branch. Sasuke had his back against the bark, panting.

I wince when I notice the puncture wound in his leg. Sakura decides to speak. "Sasuke, what was th...."

Sasuke cuts her off by covering her mouth with his hand. He peeks around.

I felt the same, it feels as if she was everywhere. Her evil presence filled the air around us.

I kneel next to him without knowing what I was doing. Sasuke and Sakura watches me, not having a clue what I was doing.

I do some fast hand signs and breaths out a cooling mist from my mouth. The mist hovers over Sasuke's leg and the wound disappears.

Sakura gasps in surprise, but I put a finger to my lips to remind her to be quiet.

Sasuke nods his head in thanx and I look away so that I didn't have to see him watching me with suspicion.

What else can I do?

My eyes widen as a shadow falls over us. I glance up to come face to face with a huge freaking snake. It's head was the size of a truck.

I yelp and Sasuke turns to see what the matter was. He didn't get to react when the snake bites the branch, breaking it.

We all jump to the ground and the snake turns towards Sasuke. He gasps as he remembers the vision of his death and starts to panic.

"Stay... AWAY!" He yells out.

I race over to him as he tries to grab his shurikens, but not fast enough.

I jump onto the head of the snake filled with rage. I will not let my comrades suffer.

I grab my largest kunai and slam it into the skull of the snake. The snake pauses for a second before collapsing.

I stand there panting a little. Sasuke looks up at me and gasps. I look around to see what was happening and just notice a crack appear on the snakes head.