Chapter 7 (Edited)

"Is he going to be alright?" Lobo asked after he had place the water beside me. His voice held worry in it, while he looked at his Alpha.

"He has definitely been poisoned," I replied, pulling out my knife. I opened the knife, making Randi stand up.

Randi growled, her ears flat against her head. She narrowed her eyes and bared her teeth. "You are trying to kill him," she growled, getting ready to pounce.

Lobo pounced on her first and pinned her down. His ears were flat against his head, and he glared at her. "Do not even think about it," he growled, getting up into her face.

"You're not helping me any by pouncing on her," I said, cutting up the plant. I didn't glance at him, not wanting to cut myself.

He got off her and glared at me. "I was protecting you. If you don't want me to protect you, then fine, I will not protect you."

I sighed, annoyed and looked at Lobo, with a hard glance. "Lobo, the only thing that you will get out of her by pouncing on her, is her thinking that I am controlling you."

"But, you aren't."

"Are you sure about that? She is the Almair after all, so she could do it."

"Do you hate your life? Is that why you're making mine a living hell?"

"Martha, watch your language."

"But, Mom it's true. She doesn't like her life, so she wants to make mine more complicated, than it already is."

"How is it?" Randi asked, rudely.

I didn't look at her and fed some of the cut up yarrow plant to Faolon. "Well, me being the Almair is one of the reasons. Not telling my friends who I really am, because it's against the rules and regulations. Thinking I was this normal teenage girl with the only worries of high school drama. Not to mention school work, that teachers seem want to put a lot on me, this year. Having a twin brother who is a Wolfin, which isn't that bad. And, the biggest reason on how my life is complicated is me not knowing if I'll be able to live the next day or not."

"Why won't you be able to live the next day?"

I looked at Randi, gritting my teeth together. Oh, so she forgot about the Dark Force attack. Alright, I guess that I'll have to remind her. I couldn't help but glare, still feeling the urge to attack her. "I don't know," I replied, sarcastically. "Maybe it is because the Dark Forces are always on my tail. And no, none of them have attacked... yet."

Faolon made some gagging noises and started to stand up with his mouth to the ground. His whole body shook, as the plant started to work on system.

"What did you do to him?" Randi asked, horrified. She stood up and watched as he started to throw up the poison. She glared at me, wanting to kill me with her glare. If only looks could kill.

I relaxed and smiled, glad that he was all right. "What I was planning to do from the start, making him throw up."

He spat the rest of the poison out of his system and laid down panting. He closed his eyes, probably trying to control his breathing.

I grabbed a towel and started to wipe his face. There was still bits of throw up on his muzzle, so I wanted to take care of that first.

"Stop it. I'm fine," he said, squirming around.

"Lay still," I said, firmly. I grunted and finished what I was doing, before I leaned back on my haunches, watching him.

He did just that and stayed still. However, he sighed and closed his eyes, knowing that he wasn't going to win against me.