Chapter 6 (Edited)

I walk back into the cave and walked to where I had set Faolon down. My heart ached, because he looked so hurt and in pain, that I did just want him to die. I hated seeing him so hurt, but I knew that I would try and help him with all that I can do.

Silently, I dropped the bag next to him and kneeled down. I placed my hand on his neck and closed my eyes. "Please don't die on me," I whispered softly. "I don't know if I can bare to lose you too."

Randi came over to where we were at and sat down next to me, looking at Faolon. "Will he die?" she asked. There was a deep ache in her voice, as if she cared about our Alpha.

I sighed and shrugged, not knowing the answer. I opened up my bag and started to go through it, looking for what I will need to help him out. "Don't know," I replied after a few minutes of going through my bag. "I don't want him to, though."

"But you poisoned him. Why do you not want him to die?"

I stopped looking through my bag and glared at her. All she had done was accuse me of stuff. Sure, I get that she didn't like me, but she could just stop for one freaking minute. I didn't have time to play these games with her.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves before I spoke. "I did not poison him. I would never poison someone that has been kind and is still kind to me. Did you know that the first time I met him, he could've attacked me for being rude? Well, he didn't. He was there for me. He knew that it was hard on me when... my friends stopped being around." I sighed and shook my head. "If he did die on us, then it would be like... I was ten all over again."

"What happened when you were ten?"

I sighed and looked through my bag, staying silent. I found some yarrow plants and started to get what I need to help him throw up from them. "I had a karate teacher named Kalron Yin. He died when I was ten. He taught me how to speak and how to walk, after I had fallen out of a tree when I was two, without limping." I sighed again and shook my head. "He taught me everything I know about fighting. And, to this day, I still miss him."

"What are those for?" she asked, glaring at the plant I had in my hand.

"It's a yarrow plant, and it should help him vomit up the poison." I opened my small black bag and pulled out a flashlight, some gloves, and a stethoscope.

"What are those for?"

"He might not be poisoned. I am going to make sure that he is." I didn't look at her, while I pulled on some gloves. I grabbed my flashlight and clicked the button, letting the light shine on. "Faolon, can you hear me?" I asked.

"Unh." He was shivering, and I knew that I was going to have to hurry and figure out what was wrong with him.

I opened one of his eye and looked at it with my flashlight. "Can you follow the light?" I asked, moving the flashlight in front of his dull eye.

He didn't. He tried to close his eye, not wanting to see the light. "Unh."

I opened his mouth, wanting to check his gums. I frowned, seeing that when I pushed on his gums, it stayed white. "Well, he has been poisoned," I said. "I don't know by what though." I frowned, trying to think of how he could be poisoned.

"Martha," someone called outside the cave.

"That must be Lobo," Mom said, looking out there. She turned to look at me. "I'll help him. You see if you can't get the poison out of him."

I bit my lip and nodded my head. I still felt that I might've lost my gift with animals. That would be really scarey for me, because I have adored animals and had helped them in the past. "I'll try to."

Mom looked at me, knowing what I was thinking. She sighed and rubbed against me, comforting me. "I love you, Kid. I know that if anyone can help him, then it would be you."

"What if I can't? What if I lost my touch with animals?"

She looked at me, a frown on her face. "That is an answer that you will have to find out on your own. Believe me when I say that you didn't and will never lose your touch with animals."

I looked at her and saw that there was truth in her eyes. I looked at Faolon, blushing, because I didn't know how much she had believed in me. "He's going to need the towels that Lobo has brought," I said, changing the subject.

Mom nodded her head. She glared at Randi before she left, leaving me with Randi by myself.

Oh joy... Please, note the sarcasm.