Chapter 33 (Edited)

Ms. Kathy whistled softly and shook her head, surprised by the fact that there were eight of us. "Eight children. She must have been busy." She raised an eyebrow, probably wondering if my parents had done the "dirty" deed eight times, which wasn't true.

"My mother had three sets of twins," I replied. "John, the oldest, and I do not have a twin." I lied straight through my teeth, because I did have a younger twin brother. However, I wasn't going to tell them that, since I couldn't talk about what happened in the backyard. I didn't know if it applied to them, since they were Horses, but I wasn't going to take any chance.

"What are the age ranges?"

"20-16. We are basically kind of close in age." I shrugged my shoulder, wincing slightly. The pain was still there, but I had been through so much pain before that I was actually starting to ignore it. I knew that I did have a high pain tolerance, since I had been pushed so much to ignore the pain that I was feeling and do something with it.

"I don't want to hear about your family life, Almair. You and Kathy can discuss that later when I'm not here. What I do want to know, is why are you here?" the unknown man said. He raised a blonde eyebrow, waiting for me to tell him why I was doing in this place and not somewhere close to home.

I looked at him, an image of my pack ignoring me came into my mind. I could still feel that bad headache, and I was surprised that I actually didn't have one for about three weeks. I sighed and blinked, getting out of the image of me writhing in pain. "Let's just say that I had to leave to protect myself," I replied, softly. "My Alpha didn't think I was ready to become the next part of my... being, but I knew that I had to get it done. I fear that I might not live to my 18th birthday."

"Good riddance," Matt muttered underneath his breath. He rolled his eyes and huffed when his mother shot him a glare.

I glanced at him, not caring that he didn't like me, before I looked at the unknown male. "Is there anything else, and who are you?"

"I'm Colt, the second in command," he replied. "Tasunke is the leader, and you will meet him..." He glanced at Ms. Kathy, wanting to see when she will allow me to meet him.

"Two weeks from today," she replied, glancing up at him. "That is when she will be able to get out of bed."

And I plan on not doing that, I thought to myself, my face darkening at the thought of not doing anything for two weeks. "I want to tell you all this now. I'm going home before Christmas, so I can be there with my family on Christmas. I don't care if I have finished my training or not. It would almost be two months since I had left my house, and I am all ready homesick."

"Then why don't you just go and leave now?" Matt asked.

"Same reason as why I left," I replied. "My Alpha thought I wasn't ready, and I want to prove to myself and him that I am." I lifted my arm where the dark mark stood against my pale skin. "I, also, didn't really want to be the Almair until the day that I fought off those Dark Forces." I glanced at Carter. "I owe you for helping me change my views on myself and helping me figure out that it is what I'm supposed to do."

Carter grinned, but he didn't say a word.

"What else are you?" Colt asked. "I'm sure that you will tell us now?" He raised an eyebrow as if he all ready knew what else I was.

I sighed. "The only reason why I'm different from my family is because I am, also, the True One." I touched the pouch that hung around my neck, and my eyes went wide when I didn't feel my gem. "My gem." I started to scramble up, so I could go find it. I didn't care that I was in pain. The gem had let me know if there were any Dark Forces around, and I was able to stay away from them or fight them.

"Settle down," Ms. Kathy said, placing a firm hand on my shoulder. "Colt has it."

I turned to look at Colt, my eyes wide. I couldn't do my job of protecting the people in the clans if I didn't have it on me, so yes, I was kind of frantic about having it.

Colt huffed and handed me a napkin covered gem. "It almost burnt me," he replied to my questioning gaze. "I don't know why it doesn't burn you."

I took it out of the napkin and sighed in relief when I held it close to me, feeling the coldness of it. "Well, I am the True One, so I think that might be the reason why." I placed it into the pouch before looking at him. "Now, anything else?"

__________________________________________________________

A/N: I know that this is a short chapter. Anyways, how do you like it so far? Do you think that she will them that she has been banned from her pack? Any ideas on what will happen next.

As always don't forget to vote/comment.

Peace,

Rissa.