Chapter 12 (Edited)

We walked and saw what was happening. The wolves were still gathered around my family, and Randi was up front leading them on. All their ears were back and they were growling at each other.

"You are her family. Now, where is she?" Randi asked, growling.

"Yeah," the wolves said in unison.

"Martha is her own person. I know her and grew up with her. She will never hurt anyone especially Faolon," John said.

"That's what you think," Randi said.

"That is what I know," Faolon called out.

"Oh yeah? And who would believe you?" Randi asked, turning to where Faolon was standing on top of the ledge.

Faolon's head was held high as well has his tail. He glared at her, waiting for her to show him respect. His ears were pinned back to his head, and he bared his teeth. "You should, I hope. You are part of this clan."

"Faolon, I- I thought you were Lobo," Randi said, bowing.

Everyone bowed to him, showing him the respect that he deserved. My family didn't bow to him, but they did their heads in respect to our Alpha.

"You should also respect Lobo. He will be taking my place after I am dead. He is the Beta Male, which is a higher place than you are."

"Please forgive me, Faolon. And you too, Lobo," she said, sweetly. She didn't glance at them, keeping her body submissive.

Suck up, I thought.

"I would not be here if it wasn't for Martha, and her quick action. It was her who had helped nurse me back to health."

"But, Faolon, didn't she poison you, and she is trying cover up? She's trying to make her look like she isn't really a mean person, when she is."

"As Faolon and my brother had said, I would never poison him or anyone that I care about," I said, moving up. I looked at her, feeling the hatred coming off of her in waves. I was supposed to be a higher rank than her, but she still treated me like dirt.

"This isn't part of the plan," Faolon muttered to me.

"I'm winging it."

"Oh yeah, so where did you go? Did you use your "powers" to get over there?"

"If you count asking my brother and sister to cover for me and then walking over here, then sure I used my "powers"."

"Where were you this past week?"

"Nursing Faolon back to health, sleeping, eating, reading, and doing homework. You know, normal teenage stuff. With that being said, do I have to go on?"

"Of course that is what you were doing. Don't you do that every day?"

"Pretty much."

"You're planning on taking the Alpha Female position, aren't you?"

"I have already made my decision on that."

"So, you are!"

"I am not taking that position."

"You're planning to take his place."

"He is Alpha Male. I am a female. I have no place in this "political fighting" with anyone."

"You are the Almair," she pointed out.

"Why am I even arguing with you? I will never hurt or kill Faolon. He is like a father to me even though I do have a father. I don't care what you think that I am going to do to him, because I will never do anything to hurt him."