Chapter 29 (Edited)

A flash from my pouch woke me up from my deep slumber. My whole body tensed because it meant that the Dark Forces were near. They kept on coming, even though I've killed two of them all ready. However, I knew that they were wanting me to die, so that was why they were trying to get to me.

I bit back a groan of pain as I sat up and moved the covers from my legs. I looked around and found my clothes on a chair beside the bed. I got up and started to put on my shirt, pants, belt and boots, doing it as fast as I could. I stayed silent, knowing that they would be able to hear me. I took a deep breath and used the trick that John had taught me, lengthening my human senses to my wolf form senses.

I started to look for my bow and quiver of arrows, while I listened into the conversation that was going on upstairs.

"Carter, go to the basement and make sure that our guest stays in bed, please,"Kathy said, urgency filled her voice."Keep this on you at all times. Do not leave the room. Got it?"

"Yes, Ma'am," he said.

"Stay down there. It's not safe up here for you."

"Ok, Mama," he replied.

The door, to what I now knew was the basement, opened and then shut again before there was a sound of feet clambering down the stairs.

Quickly, I let my senses go back to human form, giving me a small headache. I had stopped looking for my bow and arrow, concentrating on what was going on in the kitchen. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I knew that I would be the one causing damage to them, not the other way around.

I shook my head and started to look for my stuff, again. If she thought that I was going to stay down here while there were Dark Forces, then she was wrong. I wasn't going to let her face them. They wanted me, and me they shall have, because I wasn't going to let them hurt these people, even though the eldest son was a total douche.

"Get back in bed, Person," a voice said from behind me, while I was looking underneath a chair. "Mama said so."

"I will not do that," I replied, getting slightly frustrated that I couldn't find my bow and arrows. I growled out and shook my head. "Where are they?" I shuffled through some books that were down here. I growled again, feeling my anger rising.

"What are you looking for?" the boy asked, curious.

"My bow and arrow," I replied, turning to look at him. I leaned down and checked my boot, not feeling my knife. Damn it, I thought, narrowing my eyes, annoyed. "Also, my knife."

"But, why?" the boy frowned and cocked his head. "Why do you want to fight, when you are hurt?"

I really looked at him, wondering the same thing. I cocked my head and studied the young boy in front of me.

He looked to be almost about 8 years old. He had blonde hair that was bushy and needed a haircut badly. He had soft brown eyes, that were full of curiosity about me. He had a boyish face, and I knew that he was going to be a charmer when he was his brother's age. He also stood at 4'4, which was tall for an 8 year old boy.

In an instant, I knew why I was going to fight these creatures, even though I was hurt. It was my job to do it. It was my job to protect the clans from getting hurt. It was my job to make sure that the people in the clans grew healthy and happy. They also had to be close to the other clans.

At that moment, I accepted the position that was given to me since birth. It was this boy, this boy that I didn't know, that made me think like this. It was because of him, that I knew I was ready to be the Almair.