Chapter 11 (Edited)

"What's the matter with you?" John asked, frowning, when I sat down next to him. He looked as if he was going to kill someone, because of the way that I looked. "You look like that you have just spotted the Boogey Man."

"He asked me to stand in for the Alpha Female, I think," I panted. My ears were close to my head, while I looked at them. I was still nervous about what he had said, because, I wasn't a leader. Well, off of the basketball course.

"What do you mean about being the Alpha Female? And who asked you?" Brody asked, confused. He cocked his head, looking at me with a frown.

"Who's the Alpha Male, Dummy?"

"I thought you said that he was dead."

"Would you guys stop whispering to each other? Lobo is coming up to the ledge, and we have to hear what he has to say," Abigail said, glaring at us.

"You're whispering too," we said in unison, but we fell silent, while Lobo walked up to the ledge.

He looked around the group, holding his head and tail high. However, they were lower than what an Alpha would do. "Today is a good day for our clan. Faolon is well enough to come out, again," Lobo said.

Whispers started to rise up around us.

John and I also started to whisper, but we only said whisper. The rest of my family just looked at us as if we were weird, but we didn't care. It was a joke that we had done since forever.

"But what happened to Faolon? Why hasn't he been here all week?" someone's voice rang out across the others. All of us looked at the one who had spoken, interrupting what Lobo was about to say after the whispers had died down.

"Here we go again," I muttered, seeing that it was Randi. I rolled my eyes, wondering if she would ever stop trying to make my life miserable. I sighed and laid down, waiting for whatever she was going to accuse me of this time.

"That information is classified, Randi. You best not speak about it," Lobo warned.

I turned to look at Lobo, before looking closely to see saw that Faolon was having troubles getting up onto the ledge. I touched John's and Abigail's tail, making them both jump up and turn to look at me.

"Martha?" Abigail hissed. She glared at me as if to say 'really?'.

"Cover me, please. Faolon needs help, and Randi is going to call my name to see if I won't explain what had happened," I whispered.

They looked at each other and then up to where Faolon was. After they saw that he was struggling, they turned to look at me and nodded their heads in unison.

"Alright, we will cover you," John said.

They moved in front of me, and I "disappeared" from my spot.

Technically, I didn't disappear, but I walked away, silently, making sure that no one was going to see me go and help Faolon out.

"Well, why don't we ask Martha what had happened?" she asked.

All of them turned around and looked at my family, but I wasn't there. Whispers started again, because I had disappeared from where I was being seated.

"She used her magic and disappeared! She went to kill Faolon!" Randi screamed.

***

"Do you need help?" I whispered, when I had got close to him.

"This is too hard," he replied, meaning yes.

I nodded and started to push him up onto the ledge. I used all of my body weight, helping him out.

"How did you escape?" He placed a foot on my face, using it as leverage to pull himself up onto the ledge.

"I got good family members at the time of need," I panted. I pushed him onto the ledge and sat where I was for a minute, trying to catch my breath. I knew that I should've turned into human form, but I didn't because I would have had to change back into wolf form. I wiggled my nose, from where he had stepped on it.

"Are you coming up?" he asked, looking down at me.

"She better not. There is kind of a riot down there," someone said from behind Faolon.

Both of us jumped, surprised and looked to see that it was Lobo, staring at us amused.

"Lobo, don't that," I whispered.

"What do you mean by a kind of riot?" Faolon asked.

"They all think that Martha used her powers and "disappeared"," Lobo replied, looking at me. There was a frown on his face, because he probably thought the same thing.

"I used my brother and sister. They covered for me, and I sneaked off quickly, while everyone was watching Randi."

Faolon chuckled. "And you didn't use your powers?"

"I don't even know what the "Almair" or the "True One" are supposed to do, so how would I know if I had powers or not?

They looked at each other.

"She has a point," Faolon said, shrugging his shoulder.

"I'll go up there, but you'll have to call on me, Faolon."

"With what?"

"How am I supposed to know? Ad lib it or something."

"It's your idea."

"You might just want to make it up before they start a mob," Lobo said.

Faolon looked at me, while I looked to where my family was gathered with the whole pack wolf wolves, growling at them.

A few of the wolves had moved in front of my family to protect them. I spotted Tupac, Jason, with his parents, my parents and John, out there trying to protect our brothers and sisters from the tidal wave of wolves.

"Martha?" Faolon asked, worried.

"You might want to go out there now. I don't know how much longer it will be until they attack my family. Also, I don't know if Jason can keep up the brave act for long."

He nodded. "Come on up and hear what I am going to say."

I looked at him and nodded. "I don't want them to get hurt because of me."

"Then let's go."

I sighed and jumped up to the ledge, but I stayed back with Lobo as we made our way out onto the ledge. I hoped that we were on time to stop them from attacking my family.