Chapter 14

Derek

I was driving me and Cora out of Beacon Hills. As much as I hated leaving Kelsey behind, Cora and I needed to get out of there. The threats were getting worse and I couldn't loose Cora again. I wouldn't let that happen.

I drove and listened to the radio which was turned down. We were just about a little ways out of Beacon Hills when a scream was heard from both of us.

I abruptly pulled over and stopped and looking at Cora scared out of my mind.

"What the hell was that?" She said looking confused as to what it was and why I was being so affected by it.

"Kelsey and Lydia" Was all I said to make Cora exhale and face the road then back at me.

"We have to go back now" I said not caring If she wanted to or not. We had to turn around, Kelsey was screaming a banshee scream and that's not good for anyone.

Kelsey's POV

I felt a pain in my head, like I hit it really hard on something. It didn't feel like a headache more like a throbbing ache, it almost felt like there would be blood there but I touched it and nothing was there.

While I was trying to figure out why my head felt like it was bleeding I didn't notice Jennifer was right in front of me.

"Well, well little Kelsey does have a set of lungs that aren't only used for crying." Jennifer spat down at me and I growled still crying. I stood up and brushed my tears away with my hand.

"You're a cold hearted bitch Jennifer. Killing Kali, she did nothing to you! And yet this is what the outcome is? She spared your life! She didn't want to kill you she wanted you to go peacefully and naturally!" I was yelling in Jennifer's face but she was taller than me so my head was cocked up.

"She ripped me to shreds!" Jennifer yelled pushing me back with her power.

"BUT SHE DIDN'T WANT TO SHE LOVED YOU! YOU WERE HER BEST FRIEND JENNIFER!" My tears started again as I though of all the memories I had with Kali. She used to tell me about her past life and pack, which wasn't allowed by Duecallian but she told me in secret.

I stood up straighter and felt power surge through me. Or was it adrenaline? I didn't really know but whatever it was, it was giving me strength to stand tall against Jennifer .

"Who do you think your talking to" Jennifer said which reminded me of Lydia's earlier comment to Kali. I looked over at Lydia to make sure my best friend was ok. Once I saw her breathing and looking at me giving me a head nod I focused back to Jennifer .

"I think I a talking to not Julia but Jennifer Blake, a woman who hides behind her powers and doesn't use anything but them. I'm talking to a pathetic scared person who cannot even look at themselves without hating themselves. You have some bad self consciousness that you should fix. Because when I'm done with you, you're going to need a new face."

With that I growled at her bended down and I could feel my fangs grow and my claws coming out. Looking up at her with my glowing eyes I snapped and charged at her going for her neck hoping to just end this all, right now.

I wanted to kill her, not just for me but for Derek and Cora, Scotts pack, my best friend and for myself but mostly for Kali and the twins. After she killed Kali, Ethan and Aiden she has to pay. And trust me she will.

I heard the large door open which cause me look away that gave Jennifer the best time to finish me off. She flung me across the room and into the corner. I banged my head and landed on my right arm and leg, enabling me to move until I could get help out of this position.