chapter 19

euphoria comes out tonight and can i just say,, i'm so proud of z^^

Peter was actually having a pretty good day. He got to walk with Mj to school, a tradition they started ever since Harry had shown up at Michelle's doorstep. Michelle had practically begged Peter to start walking with her just in case Harry happened to come by again.

Peter didn't get what the big deal was, Harry wasn't a bad guy, he seemed like he was trying to be nice. They had used to be friends when they were younger, they had gone to the same elementary school but they had grown apart through the years. He almost wanted to try to be friends with him again.

Also, he had gotten good grades on both his english and history test, his spirits were high.

The last bell had just rang and Peter fell in step next to Michelle, they were going to Stark Industries to work on their project, as they had been doing almost every day. It had almost become a tradition. Peter didn't know what they would do when they had to turn their project in. He would have to make up some other excuse to be around Mj. He really didn't want to go back to never talking to her. He refused to consider that even happening.

"So, are you excited to get to work?" he said trying to start a conversation with her. She gave him a side glance raising her eyebrows.

"Of course, Parker. All I want to do this afternoon is work on a school project," she rolled her eyes and pushed open the door, pausing and holding it as he walked out of the building.

Peter ignored her sarcasm and looked around for Happy's car, "So how has the internship with Miss Potts been going?" Considering the fact that his internship involved swinging around the streets of New York, he hadn't had the chance to see her in action.

"You're just full of questions today aren't you?" she said walking towards the black audi as it pulled into the school.

"I'm being friendly," he retorted playfully and she huffed out a small laugh.

"You should know by now that real friends usually aren't that friendly to each other," she shrugged and opened the car door, climbing inside.

He felt his cheeks redden and muttered, "yeah of course, I know that." And he smiled at the fact that Michelle was almost never nice to him, something he didn't think he would ever appreciate.

The car ride was as long as ever, going upstate every day must've used tons of gas but Peter figured Tony could definitely afford it.

By the time they reached the SI building it was getting dark, which was good, because for their project they were studying the stars. He loved looking at things in space, and he had to say, he was glad Mj was his partner instead of Ned. Stargazing was a little too romantic sounding for him, not that there was anything romantic between him and Mj, much to his disappointment. He doubted Michelle would ever see him as more than just a friend.

Happy parked in front of the building and Michelle thanked him before getting out of the car glancing at Peter as he followed after her.

"We're almost done with the project," he said and he couldn't help but feel his heart drop a bit.

Michelle hesitated, just for a second before she said, "Thank god, I can finally get back to my real life." Peter frowned.

"You'll still have the internship with Miss Potts though, not that I see you much during that anyway," he said and she glanced at him.

"You sound like you're gonna miss me Parker," she stated and walked into the building.

Well, maybe I am gonna miss you.

"Oh Peter, thank god you're here," Pepper Potts rushed towards him placing both hands on his shoulders forcing him to look her in the face, which was slightly difficult because he heels made her about a foot taller than him.

"Nice to see you too," Michelle muttered, but Pepper didn't seem to hear her.

"It would be better if Tony was here, you two seem to be closer, but I need to tell you something," there were the beginnings of tears forming in her eyes now and Peter suddenly felt uneasiness course through him.

"W-what, what is it?" he cursed at his nervous stuttering as it made an appearance.

She pulled him into a hug and he felt that she was shaking, "Peter there's been an accident."

Everything just seemed to shut off for a second as everything went blurry. And then things were refocusing too quickly and the lights were too bright, and everything was too loud, he tried to focus on Pepper as he pulled away from her hug.

"A-an, an accident?" he managed out, he felt a hand take his and jumped, suddenly remembering Michelle was there, standing beside him, now holding his hand. That should have made him happy but the overwhelming feeling of dread dampened everything around him. That was a side effect of his spidey senses, sometimes he could feel everything too much.

"Oh Peter," Pepper's voice cracked and tears brimmed in her eyes, "it's your aunt, s-she..." Pepper went silent, but Peter didn't need her to finish.

Everything went black.

so uhh yeah... IM SORRY THIS IS SO SAD IM CRYING. but its been awhile how are all of you? i've been good ig, summer started and thats fun. BUT tell me what you think of the chapter!! don't forget to vote!! and comment!! you guys really make my day. love you all

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 10K+++ READS WOAH