stars in the darkness

Y/N POV

so after my duel with akiza I feel like I have helped her but I can't be certain and after seeing yusei Vs greiger duel from yesterday that really got me thinking.

Y/n thought:'what is really going on this tournament is becoming less and less like it was fun and more for rex to get what he wants'

Then ophion appeared next to me on all fours turning his head to look at me.

Ophion:"we were thinking the same thing y/n. We believe that this tournament was just a big excuse to get all the signers in one place"

Y/n:"dose seem like it because we've seen three of the five dragon's and that little girl turned out to be one. And now why am I here aside from being the host to the Evilswarm"

Ophion:"don't know"

Just as we were talking yusei had come into the waiting room and noticed me and walked over to the bench next to me and sat down.

Yusei:"you did good in your duel against akiza y/n are you going to be ok for the final match?"

Y/n:"yes I will and after seeing your match you really made me want to win this thing!"

Yusei looked at me a bit serious like he thought I had murdered someone which might have already happened but who knows.

Yusei:"y/n I heard what happened to your cell mates in the facility"

Y/n:"yeah they got sick and had to leave me but at least I met you and got out"

Just as we were talking a weird clown looking guy comes in to the room with us.

Clown:"everyone getting along nicely? Good duel Mr yusei very impressive. And Mr y/n great duel though you did let he gain the advantage on purpose to me thats a sign of a bad duelist. Well I wouldn't want to keep you I'll be off"

As the flown left I gave yusei a smile but he still looked so serious till the announcer told us to get ready for the duel. Me and yusei both got up and started walking in different directions for the duel which will be my firs turbo duel. Kind off well turns out you need a duel runner for it and not my skates so little sad but I'll manage. When I got to the race track everyone looked confused because I didn't have a runner.

Mr pompadour:"alright people of new domino city get ready for the finals the winner of this next match gets to go on to the ultimate show down a one on one no holds bars against jack atlas!!! Our first finalists is the mysteries masquerade!!!"

When he said my name the crowed started booing me and telling me to go home and I'm a freck but I don't let that bother me because a good showman always keeps a smile on so I just look up and wave at the crowed.

Mr pompadour:"challenging him is the shooting star from the satellite sector yusei fudo!!!"

There were some cheers for him must be nice but they'll soon see then as we stand next to eachother I get my skates ready and yusei starts his engine.

Mr pompadour:"now due to masquerade not having a duel runner this will play like a normal duel. So remember only the winner advances.

Y/n:"get ready to lose yusei"

Yusei:"I won't lose to you y/n this is something that I have to do"

Auto voice:"count don initiated. Get ready. Set. Duel."

Then we started to get moving and I went in the lead first but yusei was hot on my trail then he was next to me as I skated and he drove we were going to see who goes first and then he crossed the finish line first and that means he gets the first move.