Chapter 1

Neveah's POV

*Alarm goes off*

"Arg!"I groan.

I hate alarm clocks from the bottom of my heart.

They are such major destroyers of peace.

I then quickly take a shower and get dressed.

I'm meeting my friends today so I'm dressed in a very simple yet stylish way.

My hair always gives me a bit of a problem because I never know how I want to wear it for the day unless I google a few hairstyles.

Happens every morning.

I then grab all that I want to take with and head down to the kitchen to eat some breakfast.

I can't help but hum a few commercial songs on my way down the stairs.

As soon as I enter the kitchen I'm welcomed by the wonderful smell of vanilla essence and Rose's beautiful smile.

Rose has been working for my family for 25 years now,so basically a while before I even existed.

She is literally my best friend,so if you have ever told me anything personal,best believe she knows too.

She's like a second mother to my sister and I because my parents are always working out of the country.We usually only see them once a month for a week then they are gone again.Sometimes months go by without us seeing them.They are hardly ever home and it hurts.

Their credit cards are always home for Kaylee and I to use though,but it's just not enough.

What good is living in a 5 story mansion which contains 3 indoor swimming pools,4 cinemas and much more,if the people I need most are never home?

"Good Morning Neveah"she greets with a warm smile.

"Good morning Rose,everything smells so good."

"You look stunning dear."she cheers with a gigantic smile plastered on her face.

"Thank you Rose."I politely respond.

My sight is then blessed by a table filled with all my favorite morning treats.

Pinch me.

Brownies,cupcakes,waffles,pancakes,vanilla flavored cookies,strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce and much more.

Am I in Heaven?

"May I?" I motion towards the chocolate chip brownies in front of me.

I can feel my mouth starting to water.

She laughs and nods her head.

"Grab a seat and eat up Sunshine.Kaylee already had breakfast,she even left for tenis practice already.You are the only one who hasn't eaten yet.All of these delicious goods in front of you,are for you.Dig in." She says with a warm smile.

There's something about her smile.

"Thank you so much Rose" I say and wink at her.

She then winks back at me before disappearing from the Kitchen.

After eating my brunch I decide to give Rose a break so I wash the dishes while she's tidying up the living room.

When I finish clearing the sink,I grab one of my car keys from my car key basket.

"Bye Rose!I'll be back late so don't wait up!"yell before heading out.

I have no idea where she is,but I know she heard me because as soon as I walk out of the house,I notice that the volume to the music that she was playing has increased.