Chapter 9

"Yo...Neveah,are you like,okay?You seem to be bothered by something...what's wrong?"Lilly asks on behalf of everyone else.

She's the mom of the group.

Everyone else just stares at me sympathetically.

Make it stop.

"Yeah"

Liar.

"I just didn't get enough rest last night."

White lies are acceptable right? Yeah.

I don't want them asking questions because I don't want to ruin everyone else's mood.I'm going to cry talking about it and that's not fair on them.

I'll tell them when the steam blows off.

"You just missed out on Alex flirting with that waitress over there."Dylan says laughing hysterically.

Alex and flirting with random hot girls.

I swear he can't go a day without flirting with a girl.No wonder him and Sayora get along so well.

They are basically the same person but in different bodies.

"Really?No way!"I join in genuinely intrigued.

"Haha very funny.I would've gotten her number if I really wanted it.I'm just not really into her that much you see."Alex defends.

"Sure..."I tease.

He's definitely lying.

I completely forget about why I was upset in the first place.

"Okay well...you said you had some tea for us yesterday.Our tea cups are out.Now spill." Sayora points out.

Shit.I remember now.I texted them on the group before going to bed telling them I had tea for them.

Great.Now I'm upset again.

The tea is Treyvon...and I haven't spoken to him since he rushed off early this morning. I'm not going to give up on him tho. I'm mad at him but there's just something about him...

I will tell them everything about him once we fix things.If...we fix things.

Either way...I wouldn't care.

I have to lie to her.

Think fast!

"Oh uhm...the tea is that my parents might come back home tomorrow and they might give me some cash...which means that I'll be able to buy us all those matching squad hoodies we want so bad!" I practically scream and everyone cheers.

And first place for the worlds best liar goes to...Neveah Tatiana Jones!

I feel bad but I can't tell them anything right now.

We spend the rest of the afternoon chatting away and laughing as usual.

I love these idiots.

Hearing their laughter always makes me feel like the happiest person alive.

It's now around 5 in the afternoon and that's when I get a notification from...Von?

Why is he texting me?

Just as I'm about to unlock my phone and read his text...Sayora asks me to accompany her to her car.

Damn it.

The two of us then excuse ourselves from the rest and head out to her car.

When we arrive,she opens the passenger side's door and says "get in".I already know what she's going to ask me about.She knows me too well.