Chapter 3

"Im truly sorry Neveah.I didn't mean to hurt your feelings like that.I know I was a jerk." He says while playing with his straw.

For some reason,he looked adorable.

With a mouth filled with fries the response I manage to give is a deadly glare and a wink which signaled that I forgave him.

We're sitting in a diner called Tooto's near the theater.

They have the best burgers on the planet.

I then pull out my phone from my pocket and text my friends letting them know I left because I was not feeling well.

I didn't lie.There is some truth to that statement.

Anger can result to someone not feeling well.

After his attempt at apologizing to me we sat in complete silence until we were both done with our meals.

It wasn't awkward silence.We were both just really hungry.

The bill is then placed on the table and we both call out,"I got it." Then look at each other and smile.

I then remember I'm still mad at him so he's definitely suppose to pay.

"Nevermind.Yea you got it."I say folding my arms.

He chuckles lightly and pays for both our meals.

As we step out the diner,the wind hits my face with full force.

"Woah"

"What's wrong princess?"

"Nothing.By the way,I have a name remember?Stop calling me that."

It's cold.

He then notices that I'm feeling a bit chilly so he runs to his car and grabs his white hoodie and hands it to me.

Oh so he does have manners?Shocker.

"Thanks for being rude earlier.It earned me free food and a hoodie I'm never returning." I say while putting it over my head.It smells really good,just like him.

Snap out of it Neveah !

He then scratches the back of his neck nervously and says, "I'm truly sorry about what I said.I just really hate being challenged when I'm in a bad mood but that still isn't an excuse.I'm sorry.Can I drive you home?It's the least..."

I interrupt him by saying "No it's okay thank you for the offer tho.I brought my car with me so,I'll be okay."

I don't want people to see what kind of lifestyle I live because that will change their image of me.

He'll say I'm a typical rich girl or whatever.Which is weird because it's not even my money.

You know how people can be.

"Neveah it's late.I should drive you home."

I confidently shake my head.

"Okay fine then at least let me drive behind you just to ensure that you get home safely?"he suggests.

Any normal girl would say no because he's still practically a stranger.What if he's a serial killer?

But because I'm not normal, "Fine." I reply.

"Cool."

I turn around to walk to my car but realize it's still parked at the theater and it's dark. So I swallow my pride and turn to face Treyvon who's leaning against his car smoking with a smirk on his face.

He was waiting for me.

He chuckles then opens the passenger door and signals for me to get in.

"Thank you" I say before stepping in. He's actually a gentleman.Still a jerk tho so he's a,jerktleman.

After closing my door he makes his way to the driver's seat. And reverses out the parking lot,and onto the main road.

"You know,you're actually quite a nice guy." I say looking out the window.

I can feel his eyes on me when he responds "You're not too bad yourself Neveah."

"Won't your girlfriend get mad at you for driving around with some girl at 11 at night?" I had to ask about his girlfriend.

I mean look at him he's like a mixture of  Trey Songz and Keith Powers.

He's unrealistically handsome.You know those people that are just too good looking to be real.

Yeah well...that's him.

"Nah I don't think they'll mind me giving the most beautiful girl in the universe a ride home." He says clearly satisfied about the fact that he has more than one.

I knew he was a player.I can't help but frown.

He must have noticed my mood change because he quickly adds on "I don't have girlfriends,sh*t I don't even have one" he then chuckles and I join him.

"Oh" is all I manage to say.

What I really meant was,Good because I'm your girlfriend now!Marry me!

I can't help but laugh at my mental comment.

"What's so funny?" He asks while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Nothing.May I?" I motion to the radio.

"Knock yourself out." He says while focusing on the road.

As I switch stations I come across my favorite song by Bryson Tiller,Don't.

I couldn't help but sing along.

Treyvon didn't say a word.I caught him staring at me numerous times tho,lol.

He then decides to join me when THE part plays.

"Girl he only f* you over coz you let him.F* him girl I guess you didn't know any better.Girl that man didn't show any effort.Do all I can just to show you you're special..." It's cute how he knows the song so well.

We then sang the rest of the song together.When we got to that last "dont" we did all the calculations together and nailed it!

The car ride was actually fun.We shared jokes and laughed our lungs out.

I told him my address then after a few turns,we arrived and he pulled up my driveway.

"Thank you for the ride Treyvon." I say before hopping out.

"You're welcome...Princess."He says before giving me the smile that will put me in a coma one of these days.

I shut the door and as I'm about to reach the front door...

*peep peep*

He climbs out the car and approaches me in,slow motion? Or is he just that dreamy?

Snap.out.of.it!

"Hey um...can I...can I get your number?Just for safety reasons you know.I just wanna make sure you're okay after I leave...?"

Did he just stutter because he's nervous?No way.

"Yea yea that's a good idea.If anyone tries to kidnap me,at least I'll have Superman on speed dial." We both chuckle.

We exchange numbers and say our goodbyes once again without breaking eye contact.

The automatic exterior house lights switch on,causing us both to smile awkwardly and break eye contact.

"Cool house."He simply says then bites his bottom lip before walking to his car.

I'm glad he didn't make a big deal out of it.

I wait for him to drive off before stepping into the house.

After stepping into the house my first destination is always the fridge.

I eat when I'm hungry,I eat when I'm tired,I eat when I'm bored,I eat when I'm happy and I eat when I'm sad.

Food will never break my heart.Its always there when I need it.

I eat a slice or 2 of caramel cake,drink water and make my way up to my room.

I then change into a pair of shorts and a noodle strap top and fall asleep with my phone in my hand.