Chapter 26

I don't go home because there's a lot on my mind.

Veah was in a car accident?
She was pregnant...?

I need her to wake up and realize that I would never hurt her the way that Bernini accused that I did.

Why would Bernini even do such a thing?I'm so happy with Veah it's...

*Beep beep beep*

Her machines are acting up and she's shaking instead of waking up.

"What's going on!" I yell at one of the nurses.

"Sir you need to leave."She instructs but I ignore her.

"Sir!"She yells and I ignore her again.

"I am not leaving my wife here."I say.

She then rolls her eyes and continues to help Veah.

I'm not leaving my wife when she needs me the most.I want to be the first person she sees when she opens her eyes.

I know she will open her eyes because she's Neveah Wallis.Strength is her superpower.

After a few minutes the doctors and nurses manage to stabilize her.

I let out a deep breath and mentally thank the universe.

"She's stable but,her heart is failing.Due to the impact of the car crash her heart is bleeding out.If she doesn't get a new heart in an hour we're going to lose her." The one doctor says to the other.

"No...she can't leave me"I say mutter.

I then try to get ahold of Dimitri and Paula...no answer.

Sayora,Alex,Dylan and Lili...no answer.

Rose and Kaylee...no answer.

My father and brothers...no answer.

"Why isn't anyone answering their bloody phones!" I yell while pacing back and forth in Veah's room.

What am I going to do...?

Another doctor who's in charge of Veah,Dr.Haywood walks in and delivers unexpected news which makes me panic even more.

"I'm sorry for the confusion earlier from the other doctor.I'm here to inform you that the baby is still in Mrs Wallis.But if we can't get the heart in time,you will not just lose the baby...we will lose them both I'm afraid."

I fall to the ground and start crying because i don't know what to do.

"May I please have my wife's phone?" I ask the nurse who has just entered the room,and she hands it to me.

I then dial Sayora and she picks up after the first ring.

I then explained everything to her from Bernini's lies up until Veah's failing heart.

Not so long after our call she arrives at the hospital with mine and Veah's parents and I tell her what I've decided.

"I'm going to give my heart to the mother of my child." I say looking her in the eyes.

"I'm sure there's something we can do!Don't you dare Treyvon Wallis!" She begs me but I've already decided and I won't change my mind.

"My decision is final..." I then take my hands in hers.

I don't even know if I can give her my heart because of all the weed and alcohol in my system but it's worth a shot.

"Look...my baby will have you and Veah looking after him or her.That's enough reassurance for me.I know that this is shocking but one of us has to go.Last year on our anniversary I promised her that I would die for her.Now is the time to prove it."